Skip to content

Custom Portrait Help

I require a Custom Portrait for my CN Dragon Disciple.
The Original Portrait I used is Edwin's Portrait from Vanilla BG1, because that is the closest to how is probably looks, as he wears Orange-Ish and Reddish Clothing, but feel free to change that robe color, as I can easily change it myself.
Notes
1. Zaram is vibrant, and usually likes to think positive (usually) so don't give him any dull colors if you decide to change the colors he wears.
2. Despite the Fact that Zaram is trigger happy with his breath weapon ability, I'd prefer him not to be breathing fire in his portrait.
3. Zaram is fairly arrogant, so a smirk would be really nice :)
4. Zaram is pretty greedy too, but Gold in the mix. Anyway you like, surprise me.
5. Zaram's Familiar (A Cat) on his shoulder is Mandatory. Because that's just cute :P

If you can give me some instruction as to how to install this picture as well, that would be very kind of you

Comments

• DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    edited August 2014
    lolien said:

Something like this:

just younger?

While that is really fun and all it's just a waste of forum space :p

This is my conjurer and sounds like he matches most of your criterias if the flashy magic in enough color. If not maybe someone can fix that for you? I'm just proficient in paint :/

Edit: Creds to Helmut guy on deviant art, real pro
    ZaramMaldovarlolien
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    I have a ton of ones that you might like but none of them have a cat in them. that cuts out like 99% of possible portraits out there. I'll post them anyways if you want.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Personally I'm quite fond of this one.
    by RoyalJester

Or that one.

by Limeknight

And this one too.
    by AndresSabastian

This lad here surely is no doubtly a positive thinker as well... somewhere deep down in his heart.
    by bruno-sousa
    BelgarathMTHlolien
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I know this wont' really help the OP since he wants a male portrait, but I love this female portrait taken from @LadyRhian 's "too many pictures" thread. I've included a crop to BG:EE size below the big original.

imageimage

I'm also interested in more male mages with cats pictures.
    DullSkullTheSecond
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309

lolien said:

Something like this:

just younger?

While that is really fun and all it's just a waste of forum space :p

This is my conjurer and sounds like he matches most of your criterias if the flashy magic in enough color. If not maybe someone can fix that for you? I'm just proficient in paint :/

Edit: Creds to Helmut guy on deviant art, real pro
    I like this one, I really do.
    Can someone give me instructions on how to upload this?
    Remembered that I usually mirror the image so it faces the characters and I could do that as well if you want but here they are(not mirrored). Hopefully they are about the right proportional size and won't look stretched :p

+Also cut the part with the signature, kind of breaks immersion!
    imageimage
    lolienBelgarathMTH
    @DullSkullTheSecond I need the Medium Portrait Link too, can you please give that to me?
    I use the large one as medium :p
    Ok, thanks, it worked. I appreciate it
    @DullSkullTheSecond You have brought awesomeness to my Character and my Let's Play of Baldur's Gate , I am eternally grateful.
    Here is my 50th Comment as Payment to you for your gift of Awesomeness
    DullSkullTheSecond
    thx :3
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited August 2014
    @DJ_Sweatz_2013‌ , oooh, it's for a Let's Play? I'll be wanting to check that out. Do let us know when it's uploaded, will you?

Meanwhile, is there any chance we could keep this thread going with more mage-with-cat pics? I'd love to have some more. :)

EDIT: I like this portrait enough that I attempted a crop that includes the cat. The problem is that in the small portrait that the game makes, you can't really see the guy's face, though you can see the cat and the spell book well. Also, the colors and shading are so dark, it will be hard to see the level of injury when wounding happens. Also, it's much darker than other npc portraits. Some expertise with photo retouching might solve some of the problems, though.

@belgarathMTH Thanks, but the one posted before worked out.
    Here is a link to my playlist which is currently in Chapter 3 of BG1. Enjoy

Warning: My Channel has some language and Jokes not suited for children. I'm posting this in case you are offended by that, I don't like offending my viewers, so please don't watch it if you are.

Videos with the new portrait should be uploaded on Sunday if all goes well, although with school coming up, pretty soon my videos will be much less frequent (after Aug. 19th)
    I really appreciate all the help guys, you guys are great. :)

Minsc and Boo would be proud
    DullSkullTheSecond