Skip to content

Something funny happened today (ToB SPOILERS)

Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
So, yeah... I was in ToB hunting Bhaalspawn and I found myself facing a really pompous dragon, who was disguised as a human.
Then this happened. :D

photo Draconis1_zps6293eedb.jpg

photo Draconis2_zpsc3686cd6.jpg
ronaldoCrevsDaakAstroBryGuysarevok57BelgarathMTHAdulrecklessheartDJKajuru

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    To prevent things like this from happening in my game, I made him immune to the slay opcode--it seems cheesy to me that you can go and kill bosses with a hit. :)
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    Oof. Well... I would agree with previous commentators that this is an unsatisfying win but at the same time I can't think of any boss who sucks as much as Draconis - somehow he is always the one causing me trouble - so I would take this win and run if I were you! :)
    DJKajuruRaistlin82
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Draconis is the one boss I feel no reservations about using the Time Stop-Mind Flayer combo on. I mean, come on, when you're just sitting out in the open waiting for an epic-level adventuring party to come at you, you deserve to be killed before you can react. Just common sense.
    Raistlin82[Deleted User]CrevsDaak
  • jscohenjscohen Member Posts: 117

One, two! One, two! and through and through
    The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head
    He went galumphing back.

"And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
    Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
    O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
    He chortled in his joy.

(from Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There (1871) by Lewis Carroll, of course!)

In the Pathfinder RPG, you could technically re-create that quest:
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/additionalMonsters/jabberwock.html#_jabberwock

It does seem odd that Abazigal's lair is one of the most well-defended dungeons in the game, with not only the Kuo-Toa and water elementals but that system where some places are only accessible through water-filled tunnels, and yet Draconis decides to stand on the doorstep without even another dragon as backup. Hubris!
    CrevsDaak
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    @jackjack‌: someone is trying to steal your job, here ;)
    CrevsDaakjackjack