Skip to content

Favorite Alignment

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    I don't really have a preference. All alignments can be fun to play if you try to stick to them, but recently I've had good experiences with Lawful Neutral 'vigilante' archetypes who don't care too much about good or evil but are simply out there to exact what they consider justice (i.e. punuishment).
    meagloth
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Hey Guys, I have an idea. Create a character with your alignment and make up a line they would say.
    This should be fun.

Depenes on the character I'm roleplaying, my CE Quasit would say "Tee-Hee weeeeeah!", "Glittering, glittering precious! Me wants their gold! Raaaaagg!" and "Yaaaargh! Dieeee!"
    ZaramMaldovar
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Here's an example
    my future tabletop character Zaram Maldovar (Bonus points to anyone who knows what the last name references) will be a CN Wild Mage.
    He is childish, arrogant, greedy, doesn't like the rules, but he is happy-go-lucky and requires "friends" (traveling companions) to stay sane, despite the fact that his Wild Surges have spelt doom for his traveling companions in the past.
    He has Six Identical Twin Brothers, all of different alignments that will serve as Minor Recurring Characters in the Plotline me and my friend are working on, and a Peasant hellbent on revenge for tripping him, that will go to absurd lengths to get that revenge.
    Something he might say "Well let see who could the villain be, perhaps it's that Wizard who plans we foiled earlier, or my brother will killed and stopped twice......and then there's BOB"
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @DJ_Sweatz_2013 why do you keep posting two post in a row? you know you can just edit your posts there is no need for double posting like you do.

As for character I didn't have the time for it yet so I'll have to be back on that.
    ZaramMaldovarArdullolien
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    I am chaotic neutral myself. And i LOVE cats...
    kaguana said:

@DJ_Sweatz_2013 why do you keep posting two post in a row? you know you can just edit your posts there is no need for double posting like you do.

As for character I didn't have the time for it yet so I'll have to be back on that.

Sorry, but I keep coming up with things to say right after I post, and I'm too lazy to fuse them together :P

• AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I tend to choose Neutral good for majority of my characters. I try to play them as passive as possible only resorting to actions when the weak and the helpless are in trouble. Though it always gets hard when that bhaal essence inside you is telling you to kill kill kill.
    @alexisisinneed I think from a roleplaying perspective my character kills who he feels deserves to die.
    Like Dexter Morgan has an urge to kill, but gives into by killing serial killers, and rapists and such, instead of just going on a bloody rampage.
    @DJ_Sweatz_2013‌ I don't really find that to be a Chaotic neutral but more of a Lawful Evil behavior. Though I try to play the character as a Himura Kenshin from Ruroni Kenshin. He was a guy who would step and up and fight the good fight, but he cherished all life and wouldn't kill anyone even if they really really deserve it. And I think that really describes a Neutral good behavior.
    kaguana
    edited August 2014
    @Alexisisinneed
    I respectfully disagree. Lawful Evil characters are not the only ones who make decisions that benefit themselves. Chaotic Neutral and Chaotic Good characters are actually a lot more likely than Lawful Evil characters to point out that this person is evil and wrong and they need to die. Whereas, a Lawful Evil person would find some way to elminate a foe, without it being able to be proven that THEY were the one's that did it. Whereas a Chaotic Good or Chaotic Neutral character might just up and admit they did it. Especially Chaotic Neutral characters do what they want, no matter what anyone thinks, and they have no problem admitting the things they have done.

"I shot him in the (language omitted)....with one of these. What? I did!"- Deadpool
    @DJ_Sweatz_2013‌ I can see Chaotic Good person point out the evil, but really a Chaotic Neutral character doing that? He/she might but then again a Chaotic Neutral person is unpredictable. The whole basis of the Chaotic Neutral alignment is the whole fact that it is a unstable unpredictable alignment. So if a Chaotic Neutral character was to say have a set of code that makes him kill people whom he feels deserves he would no longer be Chaotic Neutral but instead be ether Chaotic Good/Lawful Good or Chaotic Evil/Lawful evil. While yes a Chaotic neutral could kill someone and just as well confess he did it. I can't see a Chaotic Neutral character matching your original post to me.
    @Alexisisinneed Well, not necessarily. A Chaotic Neutral character is unpredicatable, yes, but not always unstable. Neutral characters can lean towards a different alignment, as long they don't dip straight into it. If something is obviously evil, you can plainly see it. You're not blind to it, although he may have his own reasons for it.
    Baldur's Gate is kind of a bit off when it comes to describing Chaotic Neutral, it's not at all difficult to play, it's just doing whatever YOU want, without listening to anybody, and doing things on a whim. Luckily, most of Zaram's whims lean more towards good. Chaotic Neutral characters CAN be insane, but most of them aren't really insane.

Ex of Chaotic Neutral characters: Saemon Havarian, Captain Jack Sparrow, Deadpool. None of them are really Insane, they just do what they want and ssave their own skin.

A Chaotic Neutral character can lean towards Good, or lean towards Evil, and still point out things as good or evil, but it may be from his own strange point of view, or morale code that seems insane to everyone else, but really works out for him, and him alone. I can see why you are confused, but I assure you, my character more than fits the archetype for Chaotic Neutral.
  • DivineEternal1DivineEternal1 Member Posts: 18
    I can never bring myself to play evil characters. I also do not believe in neutral alignments. Chaotic neutral sounds more like an "evil light" with all the disregard to others and selfishness.
    @DivineEternal1 Being a Selfish Jerk doesn't mean you're Evil.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812

Being a Selfish Jerk doesn't mean you're Evil.

BioWare seems to think differently. It's gotten to the point where I can't even use diplomacy skills in games without alignments cause I get flashbacks to KotOR demanding higher rewards.
    CrevsDaakjackjackSCARY_WIZARD
  • InvictusCobraInvictusCobra Member Posts: 108
    edited August 2014
    Though in KotOR you were either a good guy, an indifferent one or a total douchebag. While my favourite RPG franchise is Mass Effect, I agree Bioware has made moral standpoints extreme, where you are either the World's Nicest and most Heroic guy or the greatest villain to ever walk the Earth.

That's why older games like Baldur's Gate (although to be fair, it's still difficult in Baldur's Gate) and Planescape: Torment are better to roleplay in. Later Bioware Games don't give you very many choices at all.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    a Chaotic Neutral character might also be the example for a True Chaotic creature (I'm one of those, as Arioch and the High Lords of Chaos are :'D)--which only acts for it's own fun without any type of pattern, rules to follow nor laws to append to.
    If I'm named Teer and, being a Duke of Chaos, I want to make my own Castle, but only using human blood, I don't think other True Chaoticz wouldn't even care--maybe they envy Teer but I can't think of anything else--since everyone is attending to their own ideas and such.

It's also sometimes represented as being completely uncaring about anyone but you, which isn't by nature evil, but it's greatly considered as such.
    ZaramMaldovarjackjack
    edited August 2014
    @CrevsDaak
    Yes, because Chaos is a wonderful, wonderful thing.
    CrevsDaakjackjack
    @Buttercheese I agree with your enthusiam when it comes to your alignment, but I am fairly certain that the forum has rules, and that you shouldn't use language.
    I myself do not care about the use of language, I am a heavy cusser myself (even moreso on my Gaming Channel) but I would not want to see anyone get kicked off the forums for letting an f-bomb slip.
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    I mostly play berserker but i iz da hero
    ZaramMaldovar
    @tennisgolfboll A Lawful Good Beserker would be difficult to play. I'm interested, how does that work?
    If anyone is interested, I will be making a thread soon where we discuss characters we create and their personalties and bios. I'm just not sure where to put it yet, because it won't get much traffic in the Role Play category.
    Blackraven
  • JigawattsJigawatts Member Posts: 11

@Kneller To Clarify. An Arrogant, Greedy, CHILDISH Jerk. He's fun to play :P

I'm going to be play him in Table Top eventually, but when I play him in tabletop he'll be a Wild Mage.

Kneller said:

There are wild mages in tabletop? That can't be in any of the core books. I think a wild mage would be way more awesome in tabletop than a video game. How does it work? Is there a d100 table you have to keep nearby or something?

@‌Kneller
    Perhaps not, I don't know. But the point of tabletop is being able to do what you want. And if Wild Mage is a kit in Baldur's Gate, why shouldn't it be a kit in Tabletop.
    My friend has created a few new classes, races, and even a couple gods.

I dont know which edition of D&D you play in tabletop, but in 2E the Wild Mage is found in the Tome of Magic sourcebook. It has variable casting level, a d100 wild surge table, and the ability to possibly control certain magical items, like a Wand of Wonder or Deck of Many Things.

3.5 has a Wild Mage prestige class, which can be found in the Complete Arcane sourcebook.

And in the brand new 5E, of which the Players Handbook was just released, the Wild Mage is one of the core Sorcerer's subclasses.
    ZaramMaldovarjackjacklolien
    @jigawatts
    You get an insightful for that, even though I'm quite sure that 5th Edition is probably garbage.
    I have a further question from all of you, does my picture show? Because when I put it up before, I got an error message.
    And If so, do you guys like it?
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328

I have a further question from all of you, does my picture show? Because when I put it up before, I got an error message.
    And If so, do you guys like it?

It show when you post but if I got to your profile it not showing in the big picture to the left.
    jackjacklolien
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    Chaotic Good, because my chars are often without a true sense of purpose and just ends up acting on will and whim, going about their business in a most kick-arsery way.. and for some reason, they're usually pretty decent people who don't really need anything in return for helping people. It's just kind of what they do.. travel about, have fun, punch some baddies, save damsels in distress, rescue hamsters and so on and so forth. A most chaotic lifestyle and motives, but with kindness and benevolence.

Keldorn and Anomen would not approve of the lack of discipline, order and purpose. Minsc is my best friend.. and Aerie, Nalia and Imoen are my fangirls.. they have pink pom poms.. and my name tattood on their left bumcheek - it reads "Property of Khyron Bhaalson, the first of his name, protector of the realms"
    Blackraven