Skip to content

Did I inadvertently remove the exp cap or am I missing something?

Hi all,

Unless I'm mistaken, the exp cap is 161,000 for ToSC. I've been waiting for a character to get that high and I noticed that Minsc actually went over it. He's at like 170k right now. Do NPCs have different exp caps than PCs? Or did I inadvertently remove the exp cap when I modded.

I believe I used tutu (I'm running BG1 through the BG2 engine). I followed a guide that also gave me the widescreen mod and Gibberlings tweak pack. I suspec the tweak pack is to blame since option to remove the exp cap is a feature. That guide that I followed was for first time players, and recommended only the tweaks that fixed general bugs and whatnot.

Is there a way to check what exactly was installed? Or is there some other explanation that I'm not understanding.

-Dentrin

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2014
    There should be a file in your game folder called weidu.log. You can read it with a text editor to check which options you selected when installing mods or you can run the mod installer you suspect may have removed the cap. Skip the options you wish to keep and uninstall the ones you do not wish to play with.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    You are correct, 161,000 is the proper cap. I suspect if the tweak you have installed says it removes the cap, then it removes the cap.
  • DentrinDentrin Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the info fellas.

Meagloth, it was just one of the features of the tweak. I went through several menus and installed only the recommended tweaks according to the guide I was viewing at the time. I thought I was being very careful to not install specific game-changing elements, but I must have slipped up somewhere.

-Dentrin
    I hope you don't mind if I post the log.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~DDRAWFIX/DDRAWFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // DDrawFix -> Force DirectDraw Emulation: v1.0
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v10
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1001 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Classic (from Baldurdash, by Kevin Dorner): v10
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v10
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v10
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v10
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes: v10
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v10
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v10
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: v10
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: v10
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v10
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v10
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v10
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v10
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v10
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: v10
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #116 // Remove Thieving Start Bonuses from Bard and Ranger Skills: v10
    ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.18 (28 Apr 13)
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Yoshimo's Original Portrait: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen's Original Portrait: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Justifier Kit: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Feralan Kit: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse: v24
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // The Murder of Acton Balthis, by Kulyok: v24
    ~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v14
    ~SETUP-BGTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Music -> Hybrid Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music

One thing I didn't realize is apparently I installed BGT? Isn't that different than tutu? That doesn't affec the xp cap does it?

-Dentrin
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Dentrin‌ It does. A BGT install will use BG2 cap. Some people would recommend a mod to reduce the amount of XP you get. By personal experience I know you should finish BG1 no higher than 2 levels above the original cap so I don't really feel it's worth installing another mod.
    Ok cool thanks. Yeah, I'm just finishing up Durlag's tower then I'll collect everything in Ulgoth's beard and head to the end game. I don't want to be super off base once BG2 starts. I'm interested to see how BGT executes the transition.

-Dentrin