Skip to content

[DUPE] - No genie in multiplayer game in the first dungeon

MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
The genie that gives you sword of chaos +2 wont spawn in my multiplayer game, click on the thing, the sound goes off, but he wont appear.
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• calistancalistan Member Posts: 27
    I have the same problem...except I transferred my save game from the mpsave directory to the save (or single player) directory and then played the game till I got to the genie in Irenicus' dungeon. When I touch the lamp...a sound for the genie is there but no genie appears. Talk about buggy.
  • toonutoonu Member Posts: 15
    We also have the same problem. No genie spawns in multi player.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    I also moved my multiplayer game over to my single player folder after making the custom characters I finally wanted, and the genie still didnt spawn, but it spawns fine in a new single player game, so theres something broken with it when making a multiplayer game.
  • pedrorqpedrorq Member Posts: 54
    Same here, this bug is still around.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @pedrorq, can you indicate the exact steps required to produce the outcome you are having?

Example: click on multiplayer, used default Beamdog.net as the protocol, create a character with X, Y, and Z stats and attributes, assigned one character to myself and one to my friend who lives in another country/family member who is using the computer next to me, did X quests, entered Plane of Air, clicked on the lamp and nothing happened.

Can you also say if this is consistent? Does it happen every time you start a new game?

Sorry about the barrage of questions, I am still unable to replicate this issue so I need more details. :)
  • pedrorqpedrorq Member Posts: 54
    edited November 2013
    Troodon80 said:

@pedrorq, can you indicate the exact steps required to produce the outcome you are having?

Example: click on multiplayer, used default Beamdog.net as the protocol, create a character with X, Y, and Z stats and attributes, assigned one character to myself and one to my friend who lives in another country/family member who is using the computer next to me, did X quests, entered Plane of Air, clicked on the lamp and nothing happened.

Can you also say if this is consistent? Does it happen every time you start a new game?

Sorry about the barrage of questions, I am still unable to replicate this issue so I need more details. :)

Just like @Mungri, I am starting the game in multiplayer and copying the save to the single player folder - this worked flawlessly in BG/BG2/Tutu/BG:EE, so I tried to see if it did work as well on BG2:EE

I started as a tcp/ip connection, imported my char from BG:EE, started game, added 2 more chars, then saved and did the copy.
    On the genie area, clicking on the correct place will start the noise but he won't appear, and the thing won't be clickable anymore.

I believe this bug has been replicated: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23932/bug-malaaq-not-appearing
    @pedrorq, thanks for the reply. :)

Did you import your character from a save game or a character file? In either case, would you be able to upload the original [BG:EE character/save game] that you imported from? It might help diagnosing the issue.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Its copying the entire save game folder from the multiplayer directory to the single player directory.

- Start a new multiplayer game
    - Create your custom party
    - Save the game.
    - Copy paste the saved game from the multiplayer directory to the single player directory.
    - Load the copied game through single player.
    - Genie will not appear.
    pedrorq
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    Bump, because this is still an issue. >.<

@Troodon80‌
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @thespace, were you importing characters from a previous game, importing via character file, or starting the game with new characters and not importing?

If you were importing, do you know what items your characters had?
    @thespace, were you already playing a game and then quit it to start a new one? Things such as the Watcher's Keep icon not showing up are caused by that, so if I know that then it is a starting point. Were you playing multiple games and reloading, or did you just launch the game and immediately start a new game?