Skip to content

The Black Pits 2 - FINAL PHASE (SPOILERS!)

I just defeated the Bhaalspawn and I'm ready to start my rebellion.
I'm told by Brodle to meet the others in the bunk room.
I go there, and they're all gathered.
All the gladiators, except Brother Ellraish (who died helping me earlier), the "career gladiator" (who, I assume, is going to side with the enemy), Lea Gosh'Aar and Gerrold Darkfellow.
I'm assuming, from the dialogue I have, that the last two are missing because they're fighting in the pit. If that isn't so... this might be a bug. (FIRST BUG?)

Guards arrive and Brodle turns invisible (he's actually nowhere to be found, not even with True Sight).
Of the many gathered gladiators there, only Dulf Ebonbeard actively participates in the battle, casting a bunch of spells on me.
The others just... stand still. And if I talk to them, some of them complain that we're just sitting there doing nothing. (SECOND BUG??)

I start fighting guards down the hall.
I encounter the guard lieutenant, I speak to him and he gives me a conversation. Right after I finish speaking to him, he initiates a totally different conversation (starts by calling my main character's name). (THIRD BUG???) Basically, I tell him it's time to attack, and I say "let's go!"

We clear out the other guards we see, but the doors to the merchants area, to the "common" area (the one where Gezzthemin and Dulf usually are in) and to the enemy's private quarters are all sealed shut. Actually, in this last case, it's two doors, both leading to the small room where the guard usually stands, before the long aisle.
I searched every defeated enemy, but I couldn't find any key of sorts. And the surviving NPCs, both allied and neutral, can't help me. (FOURTH BUG????)

Now, I'm not sure whether any of these are bugs... but the many, many weird behaviours, summed to the fact that no matter what I do, I'm stuck and I can't go forward, makes me think that something went horribly wrong.
Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Do you have a save before it all kicks off that you could zip and attach please @Raistlin82‌
    Thanks
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    Here it is. :)
    edited August 2014
    OK, it's been a while since I ran through BPII so will focus on your game-stopper if that is OK @Raistlin82‌

I moved party members back and the other performers kicked into action. This looks a little buggy and I thought they usually moved into attack. (I'll look at this in more detail shortly)

With the initial guards dead the Performers moved around with the party so once they start they appear to work OK.

The guard in the training area laughs at the party. This is normal.

A guard in the guard quarters laughs at the party too, but Leokas kills him and opens the door. n.b. this was on my second trip down to that area after returning to check for missing Performers and to try picking the lock on the Performers lounge door.
    (I think the issue for you here was that the Performers weren't following you, so try and get them involved at the start and see if that makes a difference)

Leokas tells you 2 ways to get into the Training Area. e.g. Kitchen > Animal Pens > Training Area. Kill the Guard Captain and pick up his key. You can then open the Performers Lounge door and make your way back towards the Market.

n.b. I also noticed the zoom stuck at 100% at some point.
    edited August 2014
    Right, standing near the Guard Quarters door should initiate Leokas even with no Performers present.
    (& if I recall, Brodle returns to do the deed if Leokas isn't onside)
    Performers standing idle has been raised as issue 9060 @Raistlin82‌
    Thanks
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    Thank you.
    I'll try and see if that fixes it. :)

Btw, I didn't experience the zoom being stuck inconvenience. That's new.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Btw, I didn't experience the zoom being stuck inconvenience. That's new.

Actually it's quite old, but it doesn't happen too much so you don't tend to see it. It happens much more on touch deceives where you are accidentally zooming in/out the whole day (at least that's what happens to me).
    Raistlin82
    The start and end of this one. Only really noticable if you use the scroll wheel a reasonable amount or don't like the default zoom level.

Not going to raise as it looks to have already been picked up elsewhere (can't see a ticket for this instance though)
    Raistlin82CrevsDaak