Skip to content

20th Discussion Special: What is the Single Most Awesome Moment in the Baldur's Gate Saga

Not a poll this time, as I've been told that my polls were flawed (except for my Alignment one) and I've been told to lay off making polls.
So I want to know from you guys, what the greatest Baldur's Gate Moment (or moments) was for you.

Anything from Lines, to Random Encounters is acceptable. And I look forward to your opinions.
kcwiseJuliusBorisov

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Ouch. I remember my first playthrough, I thought that meant he was immune to all Magical Weapons as well, so I sold all my magical stuff before I went downstairs, and everything on my way to Sarevok destroyed me, and I had to cheat my way through.
    As I said before though, that was before I had any clue how to play the game. Now, I'm pratically a Veteran (Although I've never played BG1 on harder than Core Rules or Bg2 on harder than Normal, which I will be trying soon)
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
    Hahaha, yeah that's great :P
    I still don't do it most of the time though. But if not playing a good or Lawful character........
    JuliusBorisov
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    edited August 2014
    I agree with Elminster, beating the original BG1 took great effort and was very satisfying. The thing I remember most was that you couldn't pause while going to inventory. What a tremendous luxury it is to have auto pause now! I still think about that when I need to transfer an antidote beteeen characters.

And Yoshimo...
    I'm so glad my first play through included Yoshimo. He's a tremendous character really, the sympathetic traitor. At the time though I had no idea that was coming.

Beating Kangaxx for the first time felt so great. I lost a character forever (and their gear) but it was so worth it to send that imprisoning SOB to hell.

But the single most awesome moment was probably when I soloed the game the first time as a sorcerer. Having HLAs and nearly unlimited 9th level spells by mid SoA was cheesy, but highly awesome ;)

This thread will make for good reading. Thank you for starting it!
    Post edited by JLee on
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
    edited August 2014
    Lol yeah, If only I didn't know things were coming. I had a living Walkthrough in my Mom and Dad. And what I didn't know. I looked up. I don't like spoilers now, but as a kid, I had to know.

Playing through EE not knowing what's going to happen next in Dorn, Neera, and Rassad's quests is a great thing for me.

Please, no spoilers for their quests in BG2, I have no details on Neera's TOB, or any of Dorn or Rasaad's quests in BG2.

I could care less about Hexxat, I've heard a little bit about her, and from summoning her in TOB I know it changes, but nothing is worth going through that annoying slow voice.

No offense to anyone who DOES like Hexaat, I just don't
    JuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    I remeber that one of my most wth moments was finding out Firkraag is what he is. I thought back then "How the hell can I beat this guy?". Felt real terror back then.

And the whole Polish VO is so awesome that warms my heart to this day. I miss it dearly...
    DJKajuruAedan
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Entering Baldur's Gate proper.
    TuthdustbubsyJuliusBorisov
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Flying cows! I'm old fashioned like that.
    kcwisejackjackZaramMaldovarJuliusBorisov
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Finding out that Firkraag was a red dragon was really an awesome moment!
    jackjackJuliusBorisovabacus

The discovery that if you click on Minsc 100 times in a row, he turns into Jon Irenicus, a still remains a party member.

What?

• FleshIsADesignFlawFleshIsADesignFlaw Member Posts: 39

The discovery that if you click on Minsc 100 times in a row, he turns into Jon Irenicus, a still remains a party member.

What?

With permanent improved alacrity and the spells he uses to instantly detonate enemies in cut scenes, no less. Misc becomes a quite formidable party member that way.

-

Beating Sarevok as a kid who didn't comprehend hit dice ranks high for sure, as does reaching the epilogues in TOB (with that sad music). The games are full of great and memorable moments, really.
    Ardul
    Yeah, I cried knowing Keldorn died too, and Viconia. Even though I've never had them as permanent party memer.s
    JuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess
  • FouneFoune Member Posts: 53
    The part where Bhaal hunts me in my dream, his voice and dialougue just sends shivers right through my bones.
    JuliusBorisov
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    JuliusBorisovlolienGrum
    @jscohen Yeah, that was amazing. Although that Empathic Manifestation stumped me for period of time I'm not comfortable admitting.
    Also, your picture is awesome.
    jscohen
  • MoffMoff Member Posts: 13
    First time i played BG2, i'm walking into an Illithid cavern in Underdark, and not realising that the door behind me had been shut, i overwrite my only recent save. I wasn't any good at this game back then (i played BG1 before, but nether got farther than Nashkel at the time), so my party was pretty weak, my charname was a fighter with intelligence of 3, and i haven't fought against mind flayers before. Then it turns out that i also can't rest, cause i was on a timer to return to drow city, and my cover would've been blown if i didn't make it in time.

This ended up being a real nightmare. My charname was dying from a single hit, and i couldn't realise why it was happening, everyone were failing their saving throws, i didn't had a cleric and Jaheira was short on healing spells... I spent a whole night biting and clawing my way through this dungeon, but when i finally did got out, i felt like i just climbed up a mountain or something. I think i never was quite as satisfied with doing something in any other RPG i ever played.

I also always loved dream sequences in BG2. Perfectly voice-acted and very creepy.
    ArdulJuliusBorisovMetallomanGrum
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    When i completed a dead is dead game. Wtfpwned everything, ah good times.
    JuliusBorisov