Skip to content

Monks unable to dual wield on level up?

LeviathanLeviathan Member Posts: 30
So, I've been using Rasaad as a dual wielder, and suddenly at the start of ToB he can't dual wield anymore, I get an error saying "Two handed weapon equipped" when trying to put something in his off hand.

After some testing, this does not happen at lvl 13, but it does happen at lvl 19 (Rasaad jumped a few levels at the start of ToB).
What I'm assuming is that when Monk unarmed damage hits 1d20, it suddenly counts Unarmed strike as a two handed weapon.

Don't suppose there's a fix for this?

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Leviathan, can you zip and attach a saved game (entire 00000xxxx-SaveGame folder)?

Also, are you using any mods?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited August 2014
    This would happen only if the current weapon is marked as two handed. None of the mfistX items are marked as such. (In EE)
    Troodon80CrevsDaak
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    I am unable to reproduce. A saved game would be helpful here.
    Troodon80CrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    hook71 said:

I am unable to reproduce. A saved game would be helpful here.

Yeah, I created 3 Monks, each using a different Kit (and vanilla/kitless) in a ToB multiplayer but still couldn't reproduce, even by starting a SoA game, taking them to level 13 and then importing the game to ToB so they get to level 19.
  • LeviathanLeviathan Member Posts: 30
    Damn. I am running the Ease of use & Ascension mods so they may be overwriting a value somewhere.
    And I would load a file, but trying to do so logs me out at the moment. I'll try later
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Both mods are incompatible with the EE. You can use Ascension from BP if you want, and to replace the Ease of use mod get the BG2 Tweak pack from G3.
  • LeviathanLeviathan Member Posts: 30
    Whoops, that's the one that I meant, the tweak pack.
    And yes, I'm using ascension from BP
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Looks like Big Picture overwrites MFIST7.ITM/MFIST8.ITM with two-handed versions. I'll report it in the BP forum so @horredtheplague can take a look.