Skip to content

Favorite Alignment

13»

Comments

• mariussmariuss Member Posts: 21
    Neutral Good - for non-paladin characters(barbarians, warrior)
    Lawful Good - for paladins :)
    I have never been able to playing a evil characters - when i'm playing with my own characters , i'm empathizing with them.
    Blackraven
  • mariussmariuss Member Posts: 21
    Khyron said:

Keldorn and Anomen would not approve of the lack of discipline, order and purpose. Minsc is my best friend.. and Aerie, Nalia and Imoen are my fangirls.. they have pink pom poms.. and my name tattood on their left bumcheek - it reads "Property of Khyron Bhaalson, the first of his name, protector of the realms"

Anomen is a cocky asshole, Keldorn is more patient and prudent in their judgments. Minsc - ok, he is very loyal friend, but i'm do not take him seriously sometimes. But in battle, of course!
    Imoen is our sister and i'm really like her, but i'm not like Nalia - she is so boooooooring:)

• tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Lawful good but i mostly play neutral good due to berserker limitations
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    edited August 2014
    My favorite chars in the whole saga is keldorn, aerie and korgan.

I rate these miles and miles above the others personality wise

My party almost always have aerie and keldorn. Korgan gets left out because he doesnt get along with aerie but he is so funny. Also 20 rep thing
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026

@‌DarkDogg That is either because people don't have the heart to play an Evil Character, or because Neutral Evil is much harder to play than Lawful or Chaotic Evil. Neutral Evil is evil for evil sakes, Pure Evil. No Morale Ground whatsoever. There is nothing you won't to fuel your own ambitions, and the rise to greater evil for all the realms. It sounds simple, but it's much to harder to roleplay than you think when it comes down to it.

I was always under the impression, that the Neutral Evil is the easiest Evil alignment to play. As opposed to Lawful Evil, which needs a lot of rules and thinking or Chaotic Evil that does Evil for the sake of Chaos (and needs a lot of effort not to succumb to Stupid Evil), Neutral Evil is just a selfish jerk, that is in just for himself and is interested in himself.
    ...and by the way, in games i like LE, because power and wealth are here for the strong to seize.
    Blackravenjackjack
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Interesting - the votes make an "M" shaped curve with two peaks, between the good-leaning and the evil-leaning. The evil-leaning curve peaks around chaotic neutral, and the good-leaning curve peaks around chaotic good, or neutral good/chaotic good combined.

I wish we had a lot more votes so we could see if that double curve holds its shape.

What conclusions could we draw? For one, the average BG forumite appears to resent authority and to have a rebellious nature, and to only identify with game characters who have the same traits. Could that be because the demographic here skews young?

Also, evil-leaning people don't want to see themselves that way. They want to see themselves as chaotic neutral, because apparently that's "cool".

Good-leaning people, perhaps influenced by the "cool" evil-leaning crowd, don't want to be identified as "goody two-shoes" or stodgy, rigid paladinesque personality types. They either identify with the "pure" neutral good, or the "cool" chaotic good.

I myself am unashamedly "uncool", and I am proud to identify lawful good, although I far from live up to it in real life. Of course, my analysis of the data and the language I choose to describe it is heavily biased by my own value system. (I am currently binge-watching "That 70's Show" on Netflix. I find myself rooting for Red Forman and "against" the kids.)

I love how the D&D alignment system can trigger so much interesting self-analysis in people. :)
    kaguanaSouthpawCrevsDaak
  • hughcaldhughcald Member Posts: 9
    I choose alignment the old fashioned way; with "almost antique" original board game dice !
    jackjackelminster
  • FrondFrond Member Posts: 121
    Lawful Neutral. "I am the law!"
    kaguanajackjack
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    I choose True Neutral because I feel like it fits me personally; I want to be Neutral Good, but I think I'm probably too selfish for it. Plus, it fits the impressionable blank slate that Gorion's Ward basically embodies at the start; (s)he can go anywhere on the moral compass.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    I'm surprised that neutral evil has gotten so few votes. I would've expected that to be much more popular among those who play evil-aligned characters.
    I like the way you think @BelgarathMTH. If only you weren't a pesky do-gooder...

I personally don't see evil as cool, just as self-serving and I know that I probably would not really be able to aspire for a "good" alignment.
    jackjackkaguanaBelgarathMTHKenji
  • LillyhimeLillyhime Member Posts: 36
    I like Chaotic Good best, since it best describes myself.