Skip to content

Worst party play through

So I'm bored. What are the worst characters in the trilogy? I'd like to give them some play time.

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    To each there own BUT in BG:

Faldorn
    Garrick (even though I use him alot)
    Quayle
    Eldoth
    Skie
    seem to have the consensus

BG2:
    Cernd
    Nalia
    Valygar
    Anomen/Jan/Aerie/Jaheira (depending on your playstyle as the last two)

BG2 characters are a bit better rounded (and less of the them) so it is quite difficult to make the worst party unless you do it RP wise and go:
    Aerie, Haer'Dalis, Korgan, Anomen (make him fail his test), and Viconia while attempting to romance Aerie can cause frustrations.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I'm thinking Rasaad can make an appearance in the BG1 playthrough.
    Okay so I made a human Wizard Slayer and I'm thinking an initial party of:
    Garrick
    Safana
    Xan
    Rasaad
    And one of the available healers, whom would be the most interesting choice out of Branwen or Viconia?

To be transitioned to as characters become available:
    Faldorn
    Xan
    Eldoth
    Skie
    Rasaad
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    More people use Viconia for sure. Branwen is a very solid cleric, but annoying to get.

Your only issue I see is that Skie has bad spread issues. You will want some potions to boost your lock picking and disarm for hard spots.
    DreadKhan said:

More people use Viconia for sure. Branwen is a very solid cleric, but annoying to get.

Your only issue I see is that Skie has bad spread issues. You will want some potions to boost your lock picking and disarm for hard spots.

Stone to Flesh scroll is 202gp at temple right now, not sure what is difficult given that it's more on the quest path than V.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Its more difficult because you have to actually do, you know, practicly nothing to get Viconia. You can also get her easier. Also, you are kinda metagaming.

I didnt say Brawen is 'so hard to get shes almost a hidden character!!!', I said she was annoying to get. 200 gp is significant if you arent farming easter eggs. Ymmv though.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Wowo said:

To be transitioned to as characters become available:
    Faldorn
    Xan
    Eldoth
    Skie
    Rasaad

Xan actually is decent.

Replace him with Garrick and you'd get the abysmal misfit party that you're looking for.
    DreadKhan said:

Its more difficult because you have to actually do, you know, practicly nothing to get Viconia. You can also get her easier. Also, you are kinda metagaming.

I didnt say Brawen is 'so hard to get shes almost a hidden character!!!', I said she was annoying to get. 200 gp is significant if you arent farming easter eggs. Ymmv though.

Going out of your way enough to get Viconia strikes me as metagaming much more than picking up Branwen on your way south with or without a detour to the temple at Nashkel after you discover her dilemma.

I had more than enough just from selling gems that I picked up on the way without any farming of Easter eggs involved. I also got appropriate non-magical weaponry and armour for everyone as well.

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited August 2014
    I would recommend a custom party of characters for a MP game that really challenges you. Something like what I did for the Candlekeep challenge but your own thing.

E.g., in my current randomly selected Candlekeep party I rolled only one true meleer, Fuller, a Fighter who uses Crossbow and Spear.

That's just to illustrate the point, but again I'd say make up your own custom party of characters that aren't godlike and have a go with them.
    Post edited by Lemernis on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    You might also try a no metagaming/no reload/no res game. They inject an immediacy that might be refreshing.