Skip to content

Dual-classed thieves have no backstab multiplier when language is not set to English

2»

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Dee, similar thing here, regardless of language settings, where Assassin gets set to x0 and then has an increment affect of 2 applied at a certain level. Not sure if it is the same issue, though, or something additional.
  • BackstabBackstab Member Posts: 12
    As a workaround for those who don't want to wait for a fix or step away from dual-classing until then: Create an assassin character and level them until they get their additional backstab multipliers, save this character. Open both your bugged mage\thief and the new assassin in Keeper, go to affects, and 'Copy' the affect (0x0107) from the assassin. 'Paste' it on the affects page of your mage\thief and every instance should add X amount of backstab multiplier. I am not sure how many each. The character I am looking at has 7 lines of it and is listed as having a multiplier of x11; I do not know if this is correct though it definitively feels like it. This version might bug the backstab message and replace it with a blank message, but any failed attempt will display appropriately. I wouldn't know if this is unique to the 0x0107 affect building on a previous one or what.
    That said, on level-up you will see "Backstab multiplier increased by -X" (presumably the amount added by the Keeper,) but you really don't have to worry about that as the affect is permanent until you manually remove it from the affects menu. Of course, this means you can add as high a backstab multiplier as you want to any character at any level ignoring their thief-level-reliant multiplier (it will stack cumulatively). So you can drop it on a shadow dancer for game-breaking results. However when I was sleuthing this information up from ancient forums (at least when measured by activity) there was a mention that the character would need the innate ability to backstab first (Backstab multiplier x0), but I haven't tested this. If this is the case a ranger will be unable to enjoy the affect even though he has a stealth ability, or possibly just a fighter made invisible by spell or potion. I simply do not know. Feel free to test it out, I'm sure a backstabbing dwarven defender with a invis potion drinking problem would be humorous.
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    Thanks for your effort, but personally I will wait for a "cleaner" solution ;-)
    A game-breaking bug simply.. ignored.
    Oh. Sorry if I was checking the thread where I reported in detail the bug for a word or two as a feedback.

Come on.
  • noctem93noctem93 Member Posts: 63
    Similar problem, but I'm playing in English (have been the whole time) and my Assassin/Mage shows "Backstab Multiplier x0". I am an admitted n00b, at least when it comes to altering game files and the like. I see that the Beta Update addressed dual class thieves, but so far my assassin still suffers from this old problem. Any idea if there is a fix in the works for this? I have also verified that I do not actually do backstab damage, it isn't just the character screen displaying the wrong information. I've been invisible, behind a target, and using a core thief weapon and the damage just calculates as normal with no notification of a backstab in the dialog box.
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    Multiclass Stalker/Clerics have the x0 backstab problem as well :(
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Multiclass Stalker/Cleric isn't a possible combination without modifying your game or your save.

However, the 1.3 patch should address the problem with dual-class characters at least, if not modded multiclass ones as well.
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    I eagerly await to see if 1.3 fixes the issue, but the fact remains 1.2 broke the multiclass Stalker/Cleric... although strictly speaking it only requires modification of the character file and is otherwise implicitly supported by the engine.

Thanks for the update!
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    So it's been almost a year since this bug was reported and still nothing not one patch, maybe those guys are using a Quija to their brains.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    toshiro said:

So it's been almost a year since this bug was reported and still nothing not one patch, maybe those guys are using a Quija to their brains.

In case you missed it:
    Dee said:

Multiclass Stalker/Cleric isn't a possible combination without modifying your game or your save.

However, the 1.3 patch should address the problem with dual-class characters at least, if not modded multiclass ones as well.