Skip to content

Tribute to Robin Williams

EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
Robin Williams was an amazing person and passionate gamer.
As a sign of respect, he got a own NPC in several different games and Baldurs gate should not be an exception.

Party member is best option, (Heh, probably bard Jester) but that would probably be too much work.
I know you're still working on some new content for both games and therefore, I propose to name one of the future positive characters Rob or Robin Williams. (Luckily, he has name that can be used in fantasy games.)

P.S.
For Beamdog it will be also awesome advertising, so it's worth it.
RavenslightelminsterInvictusCobraNefariusTheGraveDiggerDungeonnoobmlneveseTerminstelShevandraronaldololien

Comments

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Agree.
    Rob Williams - a bit silly, but deep down very wise character. Perhaps a bard in epic levels.
    RavenslightEdvinDungeonnooblolien
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Is putting him in videogames really a proper tribute, thought?
    CrevsDaakMiraStastnyJuliusBorisovscriver
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    @Edvin‌
    Well then, no complains from me.
    JuliusBorisovRavenslight
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244

Sir Doubtfire

Hmm, that also sound good.
    Ravenslight
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    cant believe no one has suggested mork the ork
    RavenslightElrandir
    @element
    Is good to have more options. :-)
    elementRavenslight
    Maybe we should start voting.

1. Robin Williams
    2. Rob Williams
    3. Mork the Ork
    4. Sir Doubtfire

Any other ideas?
    Ravenslight
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    So something like with Darryl Darryl and (what'sit, Bob or something) where you can get his autograph. Maybe out in the area past where the nashkel mines come up? Or perhaps if we want to go bg2 the playhouse.
    Ravenslight
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Hmm... what about if you click 10 times you trigger the line 'you aint never had a friend like me!' From a blue looking djinn?
    SCARY_WIZARDjobby
    LiamEsler said:

As much as we love and respect Robin Williams and the legacy he has left, and are all heartbroken by his passing, this is a little beyond the scope of what we are doing with Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in our patches.

• _Connacht__Connacht_ Member Posts: 169
    I think that if someone got a character as a tribute, then everybody would get that. So, we would fill Baldur's Gate with tributes every time someone dies, even if many players didn't know or care about that person.
    Why Robin Williams yes and Lauren Bacall not, for example? She was a popular and historical actress just like Robin, and died the following day.

Thus, IMHO I wouldn't put a tribute to Robin in the game.
    meagloth