Skip to content

Bhaalspawn powers for bg1 (spoilers).

Which ones are the most useful for you?

My charnam regenerates with a 20 con and he carries potions of healing which heal 8 hp fast and cant be interrupted. So cure light wounds seems weak. Minor drain is a fast acting range attack that can interrupt casters, and provides a slight hp boost to boot.

In EE ghoul touch was replaced with horror, and that is so much better. Way better than slow poison, which typically gets interrupted while trying to stop poison on charnam. Potions do it better and horror is a game changer for solo runs, basically insta killing wyverns and stuff .

Tier 3 is debatable. Draw upon holy might has 1001 uses. For a thief, that dex increase boosts your rogue skills by 5% per increase. So if you casted that at level 30, you would get a plus 50 to all of your skills for 10 rounds? Wait, is it really that useful?!? what is the casting level limit?

Vampiric touch is good too, can heal and harm a nice chunk of HP before during or after a fight. Unless i have an alignment restriction i usually keep my rep low to get all evil powers!

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I prefer the good ones. Cure light wounds is very useful in battle early on cause it's after than the priest spell, and slow poison is ok, but I think horror is a great spell bg1, so I shoot for one of each(though I unusually get all good ones), and DUHM is very good, especially for fighters characters.(they can really use the extra buff) and with a barbarian you can get some pretty high stats going on there.
    Minor drain is pretty useless, it's worth it for a level one enchanter, no one else. Vampiric touch is meh, I think, though I've never really tried using it.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Have you used DUHM in BG2, at high levels like 15?

I'm asking because of two things:

1. I dual classed to thief at level 7. So when I hit level 8 does that become my caster level? Does it stay as 7? Or is it combined!?! Probably not the later.
    2. What is the max caster level?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Cure Light Wounds, Horror and Draw Upon Holy Might
    bengoshi said:

Cure Light Wounds, Horror and Draw Upon Holy Might

Is there a max caster level for DUHM?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    The only good power I care about is Draw Upon Holy Might.
    jackjack said:

The only good power I care about is Draw Upon Holy Might.

...is the a caster level limit...
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    @Lateralus‌ have you played through BG2 yet? Everyone eventually stops using DUHM, so dont worry.

I expect CL caps at 20 like casters in general.