Skip to content

Watchers Keep + Helm's Scroll (SPOILERS)

comport9comport9 Member Posts: 13
I believe this is a bug regarding the use of Helm's scroll...

I chose not to use the original scroll, and I sent the Knights to their death. After which I received "Helm's Scroll". It was my understanding that once I use the scroll the Keep will be sealed and the associated XP awarded. However, the Keep wasn't sealed and no additional XP was awarded. I've tried using it multiple times.

Is this correct and I'm just missing something?

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I've just run through the keep an everything worked as expected when using the second scroll. Are you able to zip and attach a save before the event please.
    Thanks
  • comport9comport9 Member Posts: 13
    Alright, here's one.
    Thanks @comport9‌ I'll try and look at this tomorrow, failing that Saturday.
    OK, looks like it is scripted that this should be done within a day of receiving the scroll although I had to set another variable too. Try this @comport9‌
    Well, not quite. After using the Helm it SAID everything was sealed, but it didn't award any XP. Moreover, the doors were still open and I could still make my way to the Demigorgon.
    Just rechecked, for me it gave XP (2 or your characters got levels), it said everything was sealed and the immediate door was shut. I hadn't gone back and checked the final seal and that was still open so you could get in that way.

I've reset a local variable in that area so the final seal portal will close if you go back there.

If you are getting different results from this save can you confirm whether you have any mods installed.
    Thanks
    edited August 2014
    No mods installed. The final door is sealed. (It was always sealed if I remember correctly...) but I can still access the other levels. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be. I only seem to gain XP when I enter the demigorgons pit.

And yes, I used the save you gave me. I'll try again.

Edit: OK. XP was gained and the final door was closed. Can still gain access to the final level, so I don't really see the point. Also, when I do access the room I gain additional XP.

Oh, I think I did mod the game with some High Level Abilities mod, but it didn't/doesn't seem to do anything.
    Did you try the updated save, should not be able to get to the final level with that one. Unless I zipped the previous one again...
    OK, used the new save and I can no longer enter the final chamber. (Although I can still enter the Keep). So it looks like it's now working as intended. Good job! :)
    Going to move this to Not an Issue, on the basis that Demogorgon would escape within 24 hours of defeating Odren if the scroll is not used.