Skip to content

Icewind Dale EE available for preorder

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Where's my badge already!
    JuliusBorisov
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Great news, its one of my favorite games.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    When it says "Explore quest content cut from the original game,now finished and restored" Is this going to be the same quests from the IWD MOD Unfinished Business from @CamDawg or other cut content? Or both?
    I hope for both!
    FlashburnKamigoroshiCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    Additionally, will we be able to use our Beamdog account and password for the Icewind Dale forum? If I log-in here, will I log-in there?
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Does anyone know if beamdog found the original art assets for this game? Or were they lost along with the BG assets?

Additionally, will we be able to use our Beamdog account and password for the Icewind Dale forum? If I log-in here, will I log-in there?

I think @Dee already mentioned that there won't be a separate forum for Icewind Dale: EE. It's more likely Overhaul just adds another section to this site.
    Bummer! I really like the website design, and had wanted a nice woodsy looking forum. Thanks brave warrior @Kamigoroshi!
    KamigoroshiWandering_Minstrel
    This may pique my interest to restart my Icewind Dale mega mod, Return to the North.
    ronaldoCrevsDaak
  • Grimo88Grimo88 Member Posts: 191
    Wow... This just confirms that Beamdog are talentless vultures. Porting BG2 kits is enhanced? That's not an enhancement: that's game breaking. Restored quest content? As in, they aren't even adding their own content? For 20 bucks? This is beyond disappointing.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Grimo88 said:

Wow... This just confirms that Beamdog are talentless vultures. Porting BG2 kits is enhanced? That's not an enhancement: that's game breaking. Restored quest content? As in, they aren't even adding their own content? For 20 bucks? This is beyond disappointing.

I think you used the wrong animal comparison. Hyenas fits better than vultures.
    Also, how can a vulture be talentless?
    D minus please try harder
    elminstermeaglothQuartz
  • ShadowdemonShadowdemon Member Posts: 80
    cmk24 said:

Does anyone know if beamdog found the original art assets for this game? Or were they lost along with the BG assets?

Doesn't say anywhere. However they would have come from Black Isle Studios and not Bioware. Judging from the chaos they have been through (thanks to Interplay) over the past 14 years since the game was released I doubt the art assets survived.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Dee can you confirm or deny about the art assets if it lost or not ?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Indeeeed.

Making some provisions for that now.
    kaguanaCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovjackjack
    Thank you @Dee, you got your work cut out for you today good luck on that ;) hope you will get your rest as well sometimes on this weekend :)
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    Grimo88 said:

I think they're, very sensibly, starting with the basics and getting that out there for us to play. With that foundation laid and tested, they can begin to add their own content. I'm sure we're all hoping to see companion NPCs added in the future, for instance.

Perhaps when the Icewind section of the forum is up, we'll get an idea of what's intended for the future.
    kaguanaelminster
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    CamDawg said:

ronaldo said:

When it says "Explore quest content cut from the original game,now finished and restored" Is this going to be the same quests from the IWD MOD Unfinished Business from @CamDawg or other cut content? Or both?
    I hope for both!

Yes and no. We excluded Marketh's stuff since it fundamentally alters Ginafae's character too much and, more to the point, just makes the whole Marketh badge sequence suck. The Restored Random Drops was also excluded since it's really just a giant cheat.

They are also improved from the mod version. We got an absolute treasure trove of design documents from the original team, so the quests (especially the Voice) now reflect the original design even better.
    So does random loot work as in the original, and are the new magic items added to loot lists?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Dee said:
    @Dee Probably would be best to move this thread over there.
    jackjack
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Done.
    AdulCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Grimo88 said:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Wait....
    elminster
    Have you been in contact with some of the ex BIS employees? Josh Sawyer had a lot of knowledge in cut content, which is where we got some information from when we thought about doing a IWD UB.
    CrevsDaak
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Do I still get a badge if my beamdog and forum account emails are different ?
    @meagloth‌ you will get it if you will let @Dee know about it
    That's good. I believe Grog implemented the Voice back in the Auril's Bane mod. Obviously your documentation would make our addition obsolete.

Yes Josh was very helpful with us, we just never got it together to get a UB mod done.
    CamDawg said:

Have you been in contact with some of the ex BIS employees? Josh Sawyer had a lot of knowledge in cut content, which is where we got some information from when we thought about doing a IWD UB.

When I did UB Josh was nice enough to give me a lot of info, so we kinda started from that point. Plus, as I mentioned upthread, we have the original design docs which are very detailed--like down to the coordinates where The Voice should spawn type of detail.

CrevsDaak