Skip to content

Dragon Disciple Poverty Run BGEE (complete)

13»

Comments

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I really don't have time to read this right now, but I just know I'll forget to read it if I don't comment and put it in my "Participated Discussions". So yeah, I WILL read it. Just not right now. 'Grats on completing BG1, and may you have great success in the sequel!
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Just finished reading and I've gotta say, it was great! I've never actually seen someone do a poverty run-through, despite hearing about them, so reading this was really interesting. I never knew you could exit the final battle room. That's... Kind of anti-climactic, though it makes sense.
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    Thanks Elrandir glad you liked it. :D

And yea I agree the end was a bit anti climatic I kinda wanted to take them all on but once the battle starts you cant leave and I doubt I have enough firepower to kill them all without items, summons or chaos,

Maybe I'll go back and have a go at it anyway like an alternate ending. :)
    Ok So I watched a couple episodes of The Originals then felt like tackling That final battle once more.

Tried a couple of times to do a straight up fight but both attempts failed managed to kill semaj and get angelo and tazok down to injured but eventually succumbed to detonation arrows. Figured even if I managed to beat them two aswell Id be short on spells and probably health by the time i got to bossman and unlikely to finish him so I changed my tac to....basically, Skull traps.

Set up a massive grid of skull traps (that the bats kept setting off -.-) Then led them down one by one by combing invis and haste with mustard jelly form.

Semaj teleported directly to his grave after sarevok's speech, I led angelo down the left hand side triggering a few traps went invis then lured him across the bottom/centre triggering more which finished him. Then finally cast horror at Sarevok (jus cuz it was a quick cast ability that would reveal me without having to change back to human) and lured him into as many as possible before he could bring down MIs and stoneskin Tazok died seconds before Sarevok did.

Wasn't glorious but I dont think I can do much better Any time I left my self open to attack I died instantly so it was a case of dont get hit at all lol took about 4 attempts to get it right sometimes sarevok ran past traps that didnt detonate and he sliced me up like a hogroast...mmm hogroast

All in all I think I actually preferred the 1v1 out front felt more "realistic". Still, was good fun and nice to know I could kill them all solo with no items and on insane even if it was a touch cheesy :)

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    IDK why but I was pretty sure that the EE prevented Sarevok from exiting the Bhaal temple in the final confrontation. o,O

IDK why but I was pretty sure that the EE prevented Sarevok from exiting the Bhaal temple in the final confrontation. o,O

Only with SCS installed otherwise he will follow to initiate dialog.

Mordu challenged Sarevok to face him in single combat outside to prove his worth with one of those ominous booming magical voices whilst invisible. :)