Skip to content

[not an issue] Map scrolling issue test of fear chp 7 Hell

SemiproSemipro Member Posts: 10
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Hi there, I'm in Hell (ha) and cannot complete the test of fear to get the tear because my map only zooms in and out, it will not scroll to allow me to move to the back of the room once I've killed the flying eyes. I've tried restarting my Ipad as it's the only thing I know how to do and no luck. I've tried to search for this issue on the forum. Even when I tap on the overview map it still won't move. Please help.

Thanks
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Yeah, I got this issue but it happens randomly and I couldn't replicate it.
    Use iFunbox (it's a program for the computer, and you'll have to plug in the iPad, too) to browse for your saved game in Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/Library/save for the save with this issue. Saves are composed by the whole 0000000#### - Saved Game Name Example folder, copy that one to the computer, zip/rar it and upload it to the forums using the attach a file option under the comment box. I'll fix it for you (since I already fixed this twice with my own games).
  • SemiproSemipro Member Posts: 10
    So download on the computer then plug in the Ipad and this program will do the thing you just said? Also I love you for helping me, you are like a magical wizard. Going to try to do this
    CrevsDaak
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    It will be difficult to investigate this as no easy reproduction steps.

I had a similar issue on Android and eventually worked out I'd clicked the thieving icon without realising. I'll just mention that on the unlikely offchance that something similar might have happened? Next time it happens could you confirm back that nothing similar was done.

& sorry if not talking about the game screen but actually going to the minimap and scrolling there - I wasn't clear which of the 2 you were talking about.
    Thanks
    lolien
    Currently attempting to navigate ifunbox and computer files etc please stand by
    Did I do it right? I have 7 zip, this is what it did when I clicked on it
    CrevsDaaklolien
    @Gate70 it's both. I can't scroll on the map-it's like walking into the edge of area screen except it's not the edge-and I also cannot circumvent it by using the mini map to tap on the rear of the room
    OK, I think I fixed--you should give it a try. BTW Jaheira had a Male portrait, which is a known issue, so I changed it back to hers :) too. Enjoy!
    lolien
    So I installed it, as I can see Jaheira is now correct-but the map actually has less mobility now, it's stuck at the front of the room? Thanks so much for helping me, I loved this game when it came out.
    OK, now please try out this one. It has the same name so be sure to delete the other one first. Now I edited other stuff outside the game. If it doesn't get fixed, I'd say you've found a way to reproduce this case.
    edited September 2014
    Edited because irrelevant
    Post edited by Semipro on
    edited September 2014
    Edited because irrelevant
    Post edited by Semipro on
    Ok. So whatever I have done it's now started to delete the files in my saves when I try to replace them, I'm probably better off just starting ToB and to stop screwing with the ifunbox, because I'm just good enough at clicking things to be dangerous. But I did manage to get the file unzipped and in there, and it didn't seem to fix it (I became paranoid that I had somehow stuck the old one in there, so deleted everything and redownloaded to start again and that's when things went bad)

So I have managed to replicate the problem I guess
    CrevsDaak
    @Gate70‌ I think we got a case that happens each time the save is loaded here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/538924/#Comment_538924

@Semipro‌ sorry but if that didn't fix I have no idea how to fix it.
    lolien
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    @Dee I think this one needs someone with an iPad to look at it.
    Thanks
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Gate70: Can you give me a consolidated setup for what's going on and how to repo? I've got an iPad I can look into it with if I know what to look for.
    Gate70 said:

Dee I think this one needs someone with an iPad to look at it.
    Thanks

I took a look and this didn't seem to trigger. Tested on iPad 2 over iOS 6.1, game version 1.2.2031.
    @Semipro‌ what's your iPad version, operative system version and game version?
    Mini. I will update it, I don't have the latest IOS (ever since my iPhone 4 stopped working I'm super hesitant about upgrades) I haven't had the same issue in TOB
    So I can't repo either.

I downloaded @Semipro's save and loaded it up to my iPad. I can load his game and can tap/drag the map at will, I can move the PC's to the edges of the room they're in (I didn't try zoning out), and the mini-map tap to focus works as expected also.

@Gate70: I see what you're talking about but that seems only to be an issue with actually MOVING characters around, not controlling the map screen (with the thieving icon clicked I can still tap/drag the map at will).

@Semipro: You said you've even gone so far as to delete the app and reinstall it? A map scrolling issue would not seem to be save game related, but more UI/System related. Do you happen to be opening any specific apps and/or using a specific function of your iPad prior to starting up BGII:EE?

Try Double-clicking your iPad's home button to pull up a list of all open apps and closing ALL of them...the only thing that should be showing as open on your iPad is BGII:EE...see if that helps (probably not as a reboot of the iPad will do the same thing).

Do ALL of your saved games do the same thing? If you load up a prior save and then play through to the same point does it do the same thing to you? Is it only in this room?

As a really last result, you could consider either a hard reboot or resetting your settings (not wiping your iPad, there is a procedure to reset the device settings while keeping the data intact on your device)...though without a guarantee that either of these would work, I guess it's a bit of a shot in the dark. Hard Reboot won't hurt anything, but a settings reset does force you to re-setup your iPad settings through the settings app, so be careful doing this.

--Illydth

lolien
    @Semipro: Any update on this? Still getting the same issue?
    CrevsDaak
    Marking Not an Issue due to lack of response - if you get more information, don't hesitate to let us know.
    lolien
  • RynheartRynheart Member Posts: 1
    There is a red glow at the bottom of the screen. You have to get the tear before the leave room icon shows