Skip to content

Neera miniquests (BGII:EE SPOILERS)

enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
I find myself a little annoyed here. I went around the whole camp and picked up every quest, including of course the main one from Telana. Two of them lead me to the Bridge District? Great, let's go there first. Get the hairband, get the wild mage. Except when you get the blue elf, the camp gets zapped. I've now taken care of the enclave, and what's next?

The girl who wanted the hairband is gone. What's more, the quest is gone from my journal. The guy who crafts talismans is still here, but I still need another diamond. His quest too is gone, and when I talk to him we don't seem to want to discuss the topic at all. The dwarf who wanted a drink from Trademeet, gone; quest, gone. Were these quests only for players allergic to logistics, or am I missing something here?

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Yeah, the attack is really sudden. But you're not meant to complete all the quests with precognition; the attack is supposed to be a surprise, and the fate of most of the wild mages actually depend on whether you've done their quest in time. As for the talisman, it's one of the options for retrieving Daxus and has no other use; that's why Knocktor doesn't bring it up again.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make this more player-friendly without telegraphing the attack?
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    edited November 2013
    If I wasn't meant to look for the hairband in the Bridge District, I might not have ended up going there first at least. But then again, it was in probably the first location one would have searched even if the girl hadn't mentioned the district.

I would have completed the talisman quest if I knew where to easily acquire another diamond. But this was pretty much the first quest I set out to do, exciting new content and all that, plus I know NPC's tend to get whiny if I don't do their personal quests. I found the diamond in the cart. I felt it [Knocktor's quest] might be relevant to the Daxus quest, so I wanted to have it done first, so that one is good enough, I was just not awesome or patient enough to get a second diamond.

Perhaps if the other two quest givers somehow indicated that they could help me with the Daxus quest if I helped them first? Like just share a rumor or something. Nothing that makes a huge difference, just a little bait to tempt you to do the miniquests first. And/or Neera could insist on it. I mean, you wouldn't have to try hard to motivate her pushing for helping the girl she personally saved.
    Post edited by enqenq on
    Trouveur
    On a second playthrough I'm noticing how many quests I actually missed out on by going for Daxus first. Five! I absolutely agree we don't wanna telegraph the attack, but something needs doing :) more ideas than mine required...
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    edited November 2013
    I had the same issue with the Neera quests... Between that and a bug that has made the De'Arnise Keep no longer accessible, I may just have to go ahead and start over. Bah!

Edit: I just absolutely HAD to use the Dungeon-B-Gone mod, though. Don't think I could stomach going through that starting dungeon twice in a day.
    Trouveurkaja8
  • sirwhsirwh Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2013
    I had the same experience and I am really annoyed with it. I totally missed 3 subquests in the refuge.

I strongly recommend to keep those quest-related NPCs alive and those quests COMPLETABLE after saving them.

EDIT: I found Mereth's hairband before I talk with Daxus. Now Mereth has gone and I cannot return her hairband, but the quest is still there in my Journal, that makes me feel worse!
    Trouveur
    Jalily said:

Yeah, the attack is really sudden. But you're not meant to complete all the quests with precognition; the attack is supposed to be a surprise, and the fate of most of the wild mages actually depend on whether you've done their quest in time. As for the talisman, it's one of the options for retrieving Daxus and has no other use; that's why Knocktor doesn't bring it up again.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make this more player-friendly without telegraphing the attack?

Could anyone tell me how to use console to "summon" Mereth or her mother so I could return the hairband and finish the quest? It will be very appreciated.
    Are you sure you even still have the quest?
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    You cannot complete the character quests after the hidden refuge gets destroyed.

What is currently missing are the "quest failed" journal entries which are supposed to make that clear. Those will be added soon.
    edited November 2013
    enqenq said:

Are you sure you even still have the quest?

Yes, but only Mereth's quest. Other uncompleted quests are gone. See the attached image.

I really want to complete this quest, if anyone knows how to use the console (or other ways) to solve this please help.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    ohnmeret
  • TheNPCTheNPC Member Posts: 57
    Where is wilson anyway?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    TheNPC said:

Where is wilson anyway?

He's actually in a cage on Rasaad's questline, in his final area.

Jalily said:

ohnmeret

Thank you. It worked!

• PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    edited November 2013
    Jalily said:

@Jalily When Telana invites the player into the camp, she suggests you get to know some of the refugees before deciding whether to help. "Getting to know" them and building the camp's trust should require completing no less than two of their quests. It'll help players get more invested in their plight as well - otherwise they'll do what I did and go straight back to Telana after talking to them, head to the bridge district, and trigger the Thayan attack on the camp. The refugees would have meant a whole lot more to me if the game had required me to spend more time on them before allowing me to move forward.

It's a great questline, but I would love to see some pacing controls implemented in the next patch :)

Edit: Case in point; the attack was so sudden that by the time a timed dialogue with Neera triggered asking if we could check on the camp to see how everyone was doing...we were already in the Thayan enclave trying to rescue them.
    JalilyEudaemoniumelminster
  • alaundoalaundo Member Posts: 131
    Btw how to complete the cats quest? Whenever i try to bring back the cats they jump outa my inventory and the guy doenst get me the completed line..
  • ZoimosZoimos Member Posts: 81
    sucks a bit that I will now need to restart my game to complete these quests. Normally do side quests first but the hairband is right next to the main quest so thought I would be saving some time to do them together :(
    enqenq[Deleted User]QuartzTrouveur
    @Zoimos great minds think alike :)
  • raerae Member Posts: 35
    Jalily said:

Maybe make the Dexus quest obtainable only after the others are completed?
    Trouveur
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited November 2013
    rae said:

Jalily said:

Maybe make the Dexus quest obtainable only after the others are completed?
    That would be at least tricky with regards to 'Where's Wilson?'
    since it would require you to do Rasaad's plotline.
    Post edited by Jalily on
  • NicholsNichols Member Posts: 16
    Ever since I picked up Neera and Jaheira had a conversation with her, Jaheira is now having wild surges and casting like a wild mage, is this a bug or part of the quest/NPC interactions?
    enqenq
  • maerduinmaerduin Member Posts: 21
    @NIichols Are you in the forest near the Hidden Refuge? I believe it's a wild magic zone, so all spells there go wild.
  • RodiRodi Member Posts: 5
    Would by any chance have the console command to spawn the dwarf that wants the drink as well here? ^_^;;

My completionist self dies a little on the inside at missing quests.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    yeah are there any console commands to return them? anything we could do in maybe EEKEEPER? I am not going that far back as I held off returning as I did some Athkatla quests nor am I restarting, but I would like to do them.

also, getting a little girl her hairband saves her? :)
  • CromcakesCromcakes Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2013
    is there a console command to first gather my party to venture forth? ^^

no, but seriously... I have a question about Neera quests please

Is Neera required to be in the party to complete this series of quests?
    I made my entire party, added her to gain access and then re-imported my char back. I like playing with the 6 characters I made hrmph... not whiny NPCs like nerra
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    There's a few places where you won't have access without her. Have you tried ice wind dale? Might be to your liking if you don't like npcs
  • Jason_SilverainJason_Silverain Member Posts: 38
    enqenq said:

I find myself a little annoyed here. I went around the whole camp and picked up every quest, including of course the main one from Telana. Two of them lead me to the Bridge District? Great, let's go there first. Get the hairband, get the wild mage. Except when you get the blue elf, the camp gets zapped. I've now taken care of the enclave, and what's next?

The girl who wanted the hairband is gone. What's more, the quest is gone from my journal. The guy who crafts talismans is still here, but I still need another diamond. His quest too is gone, and when I talk to him we don't seem to want to discuss the topic at all. The dwarf who wanted a drink from Trademeet, gone; quest, gone. Were these quests only for players allergic to logistics, or am I missing something here?

I'm more than a little annoyed I'm positively seething right now due to the terrible pacing and design, I had just found out about the camp attack happening after you save the elf moments after I had had just saved over the file that was saved just before my encounter with him. I had decided to collect all the items before returning (other than those damm cats) so I've not really completed any of the other side quests, (and I can't get Wilson since I completed the temple section first and didn't see the area leading off so its now empty. Yay way to go Devs >.>)

Does anyone know the variables to alter with EEKeeper to mark the quests as completed or how to summon the NPCs?

I honestly don't give a damm about the quest rewards but I hate the fact half the npcs will die.
    Trouveur
  • vanatosvanatos Member Posts: 876
    If the people in the camp aren't appearing because the quests weren't done for them prior to finishing the red wizard questline, here is how you can get them to show up (had to do it for myself), it's somewhat tedious and complicated.

Do not use CreateCreature from CLUAConsole inside the hidden camp, there is a whole bunch of problems using that command as a workaround, instead do all the below before entering the hidden camp.

1. Mironia,Mereth and Kirik will spawn in the camp when you enter it if their respective quest variables are at certain variables, so use the below commands anywhere, then enter the camp.
    SetGlobal("ohn_mereth_plot","global",5)
    SetGlobal("ohn_mironda_plot","global",4)
    SetGlobal("ohn_kirik_plot","global",7) (actually the code check is greater then 5 less then 10) *please read below for a bug with Kirik)

2. The other npc's will MOVE to the camp from the red wizard base in waukeens promenade provided you talk to them IN there and they thank you and move (this relies on variable checks), what this means is that
    most likely in your game they are actually dead in the red wizard base, so set certain variables then spawn them with CreateCreature inside the red wizard base, then talk to them, then they will move to the hidden camp.

Amanis
    SetGlobal("ohn_amanis_plot","global",5)
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("OHNAMANI")
    talk to her

Daxus
    SetGlobal("OHN_DAXUS_ESCAPES","GLOBAL",1)
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("OHNDAXUS")
    talk to him

Reginald
    SetGlobal("ohn_regi_plot","global",7)
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("OHNREGI")
    talk to him

Now, there is a bug with Kirik, when you talk to Amanis, she sets ohn_kirik_plot to 12, the code to spawn kirik won't allow this, so do Kirik after Amanis, then you will see him.

But, there is another bug, Kirik won't have the correct dialogue unless his ohn_kirik_plot is 12, so gotta wait for this to be patched.

I didn't do like 3 other npc's, the other dwarfs, because they were all alive for me.

• BlinkkBlinkk Member Posts: 25
    I'm gonna revive this thread.
    I'm trying to collect cats right now. Each time I find a cat in the enchanted woods I feed a cat with the food. It says in the dialogue box "The party has gained a item". Yet the cat is still on the map, walking around and there's no added item in my inventory. It's like the game is bugging out and the cats won't appear in my inventory.

Any help?
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @Jalily‌
    I feel I must bump this topic.

If I remember correctly, the quest giver regarding the blue elf even states that you should "hurry to save him", which even indicates you should do him first. I was quite annoyed when I realized I missed out on a ton of quests this way.

The questgiver should indiciate that you should focus on the people present in the camp instead of getting the blue elf. Or tie the quests together so that you have to complete a few of the other quests to "make room" in the camp for the blue elf. That way you can force the player to complete 3 or so quests before getting him.

That would also be viable for role playing purposes.
    Trouveur
  • OlegOleg Member Posts: 8
    Gut burned by the same annoying stuff as other people in this topic. Right now I feel like this is the most shitty new addition to bg2 - exactly zero chance to do things right on the first play-through, because just as @Sed says, Telana totally implies that PC should first do the quest that breaks other quests.
    Trouveur