Skip to content

Where is the BG2EE Android version?

Seriously what's taking so long? I see it advertised for the upcoming Icewind Dale.

Then again I have gone back to playing the modded original of BG2 as Beamdog havnt really enhanced it from a game play perspective. Usability yes, aesthetically kind of, but for the price it hardly seems worth it, and I regret the purchase.
KloroxRafaelLVX

Comments

• cryocorecryocore Member Posts: 121
    I will say that I love playing BGEE on my Droid tablet, and 99.9% of my issues are PC specific so a Droid version of BG2EE would be cool, and worth the purchase, just not for the desktop version imo.
    RafaelLVXKlorox
  • RonnaannRonnaann Member Posts: 48
    It does seem strange that Icewind dale is being announced before we've seen BG2EE.
    Hopefully though, now that they've got the 1.3 patch out, we should be seeing BG2EE soon-ish.
    I reckon all we can do it keep checking here for updates from Trent/Cam/Dee
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    Irenicus should be making his android debut momentarily (within the month is my guess)... if dee, cam, trent or anyone else can hear this.... pm me the second it hits the play store. I will digitally backstab anyone thats ahead of me in line to get it :)
  • Jester2189Jester2189 Member Posts: 14
    ^lol yeah right. I've been hearing that for the last 6 months. They keep screwing us Android users. They need to stop fucking with the games on pc. LEAVE PERFECTION ALONE!! What? A few new fixes I wont like and a maybe a few new toons for Icewind Dale with some stupid stories? No. Stop messing with the PC versions they were and are still perfect. I STILL have my original copies from when the games were released. You guy make money on the Android and Apple phones and tabs. If you peeps are buying the pc versions you're on crack. Stick the old versions for pc and buy the new for phone or tab them screwing with the pc version is just a con. So dont bite for that garbage. The only reason to buy their products are for the convenience of phones and tabs. Thats.It.
    edited September 2014
    Bgee is now very stable and playable but ive herd complaints from bg2ee users. It sounds like the 1.3 patch will be what pushes(hopefully) bg2ee over the top into the definative version of the game. That being said, yes, I love the android version of the game and haven't hardly touched my pc ee copies. However, the other platforms are far from garbage. Would I like to see the android version come out now for 2 and iwd... yes... would I like to beta test... yes... are there an army of ppl who want to help beta test... yes. Managing the game on multiple platforms is a definitive challenge especially for a smaller company. iwd around this month and bg2ee for mac and pc are also on the list for soon. It sounds like we are going to see alot happen pretty close together. Be patient it shouldn't be long now...

Edited to reflect dees post
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Just to clarify, we haven't announced any official timeline for the BGII:EE patch or Android release. It will be released when it's ready, but "within the next month or two" has not been stated as part of that goal.
    elminster
    Dee said:

Just to clarify, we haven't announced any official timeline for the BGII:EE patch or Android release. It will be released when it's ready, but "within the next month or two" has not been stated as part of that goal.

oh ohh...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    That's not to say it won't be released during that time-frame, but I don't want people to be looking at the clock and thinking about timelines and deadlines.
    elminstermlnevese
    edited September 2014
    Dee said:

That's not to say it won't be released during that time-frame, but I don't want people to be looking at the clock and thinking about timelines and deadlines.

The time line was based off previous posts, tweets and the iwd release window and comparisons to bg2. I will be more responcible and clairify with "I think based off..." in the future. Sorry for potentially causing a riot ill be a lil more responsible in the future. I understand gamers especially get hung up on dates and that you have to manage customer expectations and feelings.
    Fair enough! - Sure we have plenty to keep us busy for a while anyway, with the 1.3 patch out and looking for our old IWD disc's (need to brush up on tactics and planning...)
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Cr4zyJ said:

Irenicus should be making his android debut momentarily (within the month is my guess)... if dee, cam, trent or anyone else can hear this.... pm me the second it hits the play store. I will digitally backstab anyone thats ahead of me in line to get it :)

Send me a PM after you get it. I don't mind sloppy seconds (at least in this case - LOL).
  • WalstafaWalstafa Member Posts: 116
    Is there any word on this? It's weird you were able to IWD:EE to Android on the same day as PC, but not a game you've had out on PC for six months.
    neokarny
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited October 2014

It seems Android will get an Extra Enhanced Edition ;-)
    Walstafa
  • WalstafaWalstafa Member Posts: 116
    The extra "E"'s for Ennui.