Skip to content

What Place in IWD 1 was your favourite? (possibility of spoilers obviously)

2»

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Ohh I see. :)
    lolien
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Wait?.. There's a creepy little girl demon?! Fuuuuuuuu... T-T I don't want this game anymore.
    QuartzJuliusBorisovjackjacklolien
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    But she is voiced by no one else than Tara Strong!
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • She only APPEARS as a little girl until the end. Her true form is quite different...
    atcDaveJuliusBorisovjackjack
  • KriegerKrieger Member Posts: 40
    I really loved the Severed Hand. The place just had such an incredible feeling of history - it was like reliving this great tragedy when you walked around the halls and saw the ghosts. It could have fitted right into one of Erikson or Esslemont's Malazan novels. And the combat was fun and varied, with good loot.
    elminsterQuartzjackjack
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    I literally don't remember any of these

elminsterJuliusBorisovjackjack
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    edited September 2014
    His avatar was invisible on the computer I used to post that comment... he might in fact be no one! :) (I didn't see someone voted Dragon's Eye because of that avatar glitch)
    Elrandirelminster
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Dragon's Eye is good fun, it's just that the first two floors are a little tedious. The fourth floor is of course the best. There are some mighty challenging fights on the fifth floor however. Yxunomei was even more challenging in IWD 1.0 unpatched. That took me forever. I kinda wish they hadn't made her a little easier to take down.
    JuliusBorisovDreadKhanelminster
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Dorn's Deep.
    A large dwarven stronghold with various wings and beautiful artwork, desecrated by drow and other monsters. I'm going to write it into my D&D game one day just so my players can reclaim it and rebuild it. It deserves that much.

Close runner up:
    The Severed Hand. The story between the two is one of my favorites of all games (not in small part because its exposition is slow and completely optional) and the Severed Hand is another beautiful location gone horribly wrong.
    elminsterEnialusMeliamneJuliusBorisov
  • FandraxxFandraxx Member Posts: 193
    Kuldahar let's me get in my yeti killing practice.
    elminsterElrandirJuliusBorisov
  • ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    @Quartz First time I battled her my only +2 weapons were magical arrows (and no one in my party used bows). Dunno if it was common back then or if I missed +2 loot somewhere...
    elminsterJuliusBorisov