Skip to content

Demi Litch

HOW DO YOU KILL IT???

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Only weapons of a +4 or greater enchantment can hit a demilich. Melfs Minute Meteors, the Daystar, and especially the Mace of Disruption all work quite nicely but there are many other options to choose from as well. You will also need some form of protection from Imprisonment. Some favorites are Spell Immunity: Abjuration, Protection from Undead scrolls, and Protection from Magic scrolls. If your companions are imprisoned then the only way to get them back is with the Freedom spell which is a 9th level mage spell and quite rare.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    This ^. In particular, Daystar is good for this job.

In addition, the Mace of Disruption +2 (i.e. the improved version, not the basic +1 version) works a treat, that's what I usually use. Demi-liches are vulnerable to the one-hit "undead destroyed" effect. (I remember one time when I'd buffed and prepared and so on, then Kangaxx failed his save against the first blow and instantly died, so the buffing wasn't even used!)

Also, to finish off a demi-lich faster when you're using a melee method, note that the Ring of the Ram hurts them quite a lot, so that can save a couple of rounds of chipping away for 2 damage per hit.
  • TangenteTangente Member Posts: 14
    I did some research recently and found that demilich is immune to all spells with exception of Dragon Disciple's Breath Weapon. I thought he is immune to 1st-8th spell levels only but apparently in BG2EE he is immune to 9th and 10th spell as well. For example Dragon's Breath did nothing to him. Breath Weapon can deal about 40 damage to him which is huge i think. Then you can finish him with one MMMs.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I read the title as Demi Lunch. Wasn't sure what that meant, so I had to check it out. And, uh, what everyone else said about killing the demilich. Yep, I'm helpful. :)
    Tangente said:

I did some research recently and found that demilich is immune to all spells with exception of Dragon Disciple's Breath Weapon.

That's nice to know!
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Whaat, you could have roasted a demi lich in a single dragon's breath HLA in BG2, now they are immune to all spells in bg2:ee? Dragons breath HLA's schtick is, to bypass magic resistance as it was supposed to duplicate the effects of a red dragon's breath, which ignored mr. Now it is weird that HLA Dragons breath can't touch a demi lich but a Dragon disciple's breath weapon can cook one nicely.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    This demi litch you're talking about...

Is it attractive?
  • supposedlysupposedly Member Posts: 206
    bengoshi said:

This demi litch you're talking about...

Is it attractive?

She was in Ghost.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Time to get that Pottery Wheel of Dire Charming out of the basement again.
  • supposedlysupposedly Member Posts: 206
    Shadow Patrick and Demi Litch, together forever