Skip to content

Smeared textures in empty slots

Hey guys i have these wierd looking textures whenever i have an empty slot on my chars, and the in game menu also looks wrong , attached pics of them , anyone knows whats up with these and more importantly how to get rid of it?

imageimageimage

Comments

• MotkarMotkar Member Posts: 3
    sadly i only posted here after i tried it , but if i put an item there it's okay so no big deal just mildy annoying
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    There's a whole slew of graphics "gliches" like this that people are experiencing. Thankfully most of them are non-game interrupting, just annoying as all get-out.

I'm guessing you're on some kind of Intel Graphics Chipset, likely a mobile version of such?

While I don't have any specific advice for you, the best I can tell you is to do what Gate Advises, upgrade graphics drivers if you haven't already and try changing any of the options in the graphics setup to the lowest possible settings/turn them off and see if that helps.

If you DO find something that fixes the issue, PLEASE POST BACK and @me, Troodon80 and Gate70, we're getting a significant number of these graphics glitches and they're all likely related. You fixing something may very well fix a lot of people.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited January 2014
    @Illdyth this is not related to some weapons animations showing wrong when you "pick up" an item inside the inventory (weapons are (the ones I know) Spectral Brand+5, Water's Edge+3 and Unicorn's Spear+2).
    Edit: what the hell I was thinking on when I wrote Hunicorn with H??
    Edit2: oooh, a nice idea: the Hunicorn is Atila the Hun's Unicorn :D
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Nice @CrevsDaak. There is already a bug report on the weapons showing as screwy. I thought that got fixed.

But the @Motkar's report has to do with more than just the weapons it seems. Look at the top screenshot to note that this is more than just the broken graphics of a couple weapons.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Illdyth aye, thanks, I thought it could be something with the computer I use, so I wanted to know.
  • MotkarMotkar Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    well i tried everything i could think of but no change, goes for updating my vga driver as well
    almost to be honest only thing i have not tried is changin the Terrain Huggin but i have no idea what that does , what is it anyway?
  • SneakWalkerSneakWalker Member Posts: 49
    I have same problem. Is there any solution?
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited July 2014

Jokes aside - I have a solution for it though, since it also happened to me:
    In your Intel Graphics Manager, under the '3D' tab there is an option called 'Software Acceleration' - by default, it is on, it is, however, known to cause a whole slew of graphical glitches like the ones experienced by your beings; so I would suggest turning it off and see if it fixes something (for me at least, it did).

Unfortunately, for Intel Cards before the 4500MHD it is impossible to turn that setting off.
    if im using nvidia graphic card?
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471

if im using nvidia graphic card?

The same should apply - this bug happens because of the 'Software Acceleration' feature some video cards use in order to boost FPS - unfortunately, it is not compatible with a lot of things.

Go to your graphics manager and look for the 'Software Acceleration' section under advanced graphical options - deactivate it and the problem should be gone.
    I can't find it in nvidia control center. Anybody know?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    What card and what version of control center - might help with getting relevant advice.
    Nvidia geforce gt 525m - notebook
    Latest version of nvidia c.c
    If you go to options > graphics in-game what does that show you.

& on the control centre do you have options around texture compression and so on?
  • vnkwerjauvnkwerjau Member Posts: 28
    I'm having the exact same problem with an Nvidia video card as well.
    The menu textures look just as they should in BG:EE, but in BG2:EE they look glitched like that.
    Unfortunately I don't have access to an Nvidia card otherwise I'd dig further. If you could advise what options are present in Control Centre that might help.

@Tresset‌ or @Troodon80‌ do either of you have Nvidia cards?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Gate70 said:

@Tresset‌ or @Troodon80‌ do either of you have Nvidia cards?

@SneakWalker‌ @vnkwerjau‌ @Gate70, I have an nVidia GTX 690, dual 480 SLI, 480, and 285. I have never encountered this bahviour on any of my desktops. I have encountered this on my laptop running Intel. I have never owned a laptop with anything more than integrated graphics. My only suggestion for desktops is to reinstall the graphics drivers. For laptops running nVidia, ensure that Optimus is not using the integrated graphics. If you open up the nVidia control panal and go to Manage 3D Settings, there should be an option to specify the preferred graphics processor—if you need to add the game executable to the list then do so and then specify the graphics.
    edited August 2014
    I added bg2ee to the list and i tried too much graphic settings combinations in "manage 3d setting" section but not fixed.
    Post edited by SneakWalker on
    Any solution?
    Did you have any options around software compression or similar on Control Center?
    Yes there is and i tried but nothing happened.
  • Jade_KittenJade_Kitten Member Posts: 5
    I have this too :( can't find a fix !!!
  • Jade_KittenJade_Kitten Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2014
    -edited- nevermind
    Post edited by Jade_Kitten on