Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Aerie's final love talk (after Ravager) is bugging out

contowncontown Member Posts: 84
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I've nearly finished the game. I just killed the Ravager, and Aerie will inch in my direction, her music will start, and her circle around her character model grows and shrinks, like when an NPC starts talking to you.

But nothing happens. She only inches forward and stops, like she's bugging out. I tried resting too, didn't do anything. I've even got enough hours of playtime in for her pregnancy timer to time out before fighting the Ravager.

Could someone help me out?
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Could you zip & attach a save please @contown‌

(if nobody else deals before, I should be able to look either in about 6 hours, or tomorrow morning - UK)
  • contowncontown Member Posts: 84
    Here it is! Right before the fight.
    Gate70
    edited September 2014
    Here's another save, I think it's in the same spot/close to it. I also tried forcing the love talk after killing him, but it jumped straight to her giving birth. Not the right order...

I don't know what's going on, but it seems like the normal time dependent talk (the baby) works, while the one that needs to be triggered isn't working.
    Post edited by contown on
    edited September 2014
    I had a quick look, ended up killing the ravager then returning to Balthazars monastary, then heading to Watchers Keep. Switched screens to do some other stuff and when I returned (quite a while later) she'd started her dialogue so might just be a timer that needs to play out.

Mention of 1 hour game time after the Ravager here, but mentions marriage. Did that happen?
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/tips.php#aerie
    I got the pregnancy one after an hour, never got the marriage one. Which I think is supposed to automatically happen after the Ravager dies. It seems to jump right over it.

Also, I'm guessing you just ctrl+y'd him, but if you fought him with my party how'd you do it? Just curious.
    Yeah, I Y'd him, didn't really get chance to check your party but something like the below.
    Bear in mind I rarely get that far nowadays as I no-reload if not testing playthroughs and usually solo.

Will spoiler this in case anyone not familiar with the battle wanders by.

Ranged attacks with +4 or higher weapons, or energy blades.
    Ignore his summons, or better still get them to chase a decoy party member.
    Get him to focus on someone with shield of reflection (or physical mirror?)
    Only try melee if characters have undispellable defences against stun or whatever his vice is.
    Do you have any ideas how to fix it? It's like the talk is perma-blocked or something. Aerie's baby is also due (left my game on) before the fight, which might be part of the problem. The two talks are overlapping or something, so the prior won't occur.
    If you know the line that triggers it I should be able to work it out easily, otherwise it might take me a little time.
    If by "line" you mean what she first says... I have no idea. "Honey, honey, good job killing the evil demigod"?
    Yeah, it looks as though this might be a tricky one.
    http://forum.bioware.com/topic/485193-aerie-romance-problem/

You could look through this link and see if the dialogue you expect is towards the end of it. I can't tell what stage you got to.

I was hoping there was a ToB equivalent of this, which would have made it a lot easier to track down.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/258273-baldurs-gate-ii-shadows-of-amn/faqs/12164
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, I got past the one where she's worried about the party finding out, and then when I force a talk it goes to the baby being born. That video doesn't actually have the marriage talk in it...
    I can see dialogue file BAerie25 has what you are looking for but she has the Aerie25J file assigned. If I try and change it, it resets back. All I can think is that by force talking you have missed something out earlier and her dialogue has changed as a result.
    Do you have any idea how to get it to work right? Force an earlier talk, or something like that? Or is this just a no-go?
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Aerie will only want to marry you if you were nice enough to her in the earlier lovetalk about the baby. C:SetGlobal("babytalk","GLOBAL",1) will make her marry you after the Ravager battle.
    Gate70CrevsDaak
    Thanks for that @hook71‌ much appreciated
    hook71CrevsDaak
    Thanks a lot, man, it's working. I guess I picked the wrong dialogue options... Huh, I guess marrying Aerie is a "special" scene that you're not guaranteed to get unless you did EVERYTHING right, it's not just on the LT tracks.
    hook71CrevsDaak