Skip to content

Dragon Disciple and Dragon Mimicry

Hello there, I would like to start this off with a few things about myself before I get to the gist of this post.

1. I love dragons, I love them enough to go buy a game I already own just to play a class that I can't play on my version nor find the stand alone expansion. -cough-Sacred 2-cough-

2. I've played both the original BG and BG2 before, never all the way through since the games I played were a friends.

3. My knowledge of the DND Uni/Multiverse is gimped as a whole. What little knowledge I do possess, revolves around you guessed it; the dragons in general. Not the actual play but more their lore; I don't claim to know everything about them here.

4. I modern day fantasy, games, and movies have installed a dislike of elves.. Well not so much of a dislike, I just refuse to play them unless I have no choice.

Ok so moving on, why did I mention any of the above? The only reason I choose to buy BGEE over the original was because I learned about the DD kit which after some research; I decided to go for it. After creating my character and running around trying to get my team together (Still trying to remember where Minsc and Dynaheir are.) Then it dawned on me; "since I want to RP as a DD, how close can I get to Dragon Mimicry of the DND dragon?"

And now I'm here, asking for assistance.

I'm still level 1, so I'm fine with rerolling if need be and I know sorcerers don't have a governing stat so I wasn't being particularly effy about my Roll.

Strength: 12
Dexterity: 14
Constitution: 16
Intelligence: 12
Wisdom: 7
Charisma: 15

Level one Spells:
MMM
Sleep

Alignment:
True Neutral (As far as this went, I wanted him to either have the blood of a Metallic or Gem dragon, RP purposes only.)

Also, this was going to be the character I carried over into BG2EE, so I need to keep that in mind as well.
lolienDreadKhan

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Spook and horror, along with stoneskin later are some spell choices that work for what you are rping.
    lolien
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    elminster said:

Spook and horror, along with stoneskin later are some spell choices that work for what you are rping.

Yay a reply, I was starting to get dis heartened here; heck I was about to run this since I'm level 3 and and kinda grabbed burning hands

https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31975/help-me-select-spells-for-my-red-dragon-disciple

I was really liking the look of the spell selection Lunar choose.

lolien
    Words of advice. New players is a pretty low traffic area of the forum compared to general discussions. So answers here might take awhile.

Lunar's choices look good
    lolien
    Ok, Thanks for the response.
    lolien
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I was going to link to that thread, too. :-) Anyway, good luck with your dragon disciple. I wish you started out with 18 con though, with dragon disciple bonuses and the tome, you can get 20+ con which will give you regeneration: a few hours of travelling between maps or resting will heal you completely. That's one of the perks of being a dragon disciple, too.
    lolien
    lunar said:

I was going to link to that thread, too. :-) Anyway, good luck with your dragon disciple. I wish you started out with 18 con though, with dragon disciple bonuses and the tome, you can get 20+ con which will give you regeneration: a few hours of travelling between maps or resting will heal you completely. That's one of the perks of being a dragon disciple, too.

The reason I started with 16 instead of 18 was because I read somewhere you could still reach 20 con from 16, is this not true?
    You could potentially get it eventually in BG2. But not in BG1 with those stats. Honestly though its a pretty minor form of regeneration (at 20 its 1 health/60 seconds). Its only really useful for between area travelling and in the case of BG2 as long as you have a cleric/druid in your group healing shouldn't be too much of an issue anyways.
    Ok thanks, oh and Elminster; you need to stop talking do cryptic in the game man. Start giving me some straight forward information here lol.
    elminster