Skip to content

BB:EE Patch to v1.2 stuck--cannot break

Hello,

As I said in my title, the BG:EE patch to v1.2 is stuck and when I click to resume the patch the button flashes between the paused and downloading, nearly instantaneously. Sorry, cannot recall actual words and I am not going to bother opening it for those words. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, uninstalled and deleted all the left over files/folders I could find and tried to remove any registry values. Windows 7 x64 machine. I cannot play the game easily. I have to launch directly into it and bypass the BG:EE screen. I cannot update it though. It is very annoying and I don't even play it or the BGII:EE anymore because I can no longer start a character in BG. I am just playing on the original games, with mods, now.

Anyone have this experience and break it? I tried to check for locked files and delete or unlock them but I could not find any files that may be related to the issue.

Id

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Is this through the Beamdog launcher, and have you tried deleting the 766.status plus 766.beam files in the directory where your game installs can be found - that should force a fresh install without having to edit the registry and so on.
  • misteridmisterid Member Posts: 39
    Hello,

Yes, beamdog launcher. I have wiped out everything I could find that had anything to do with beamdog, .beam, BG, etc. I'll try again another day. I have finally solved some graphic errors that prevented me from dual booting into Xubuntu linux so now I can delete windows files without bothering about the stupid lock. I have ~29 gb in stupid sleep/hibernate files that I cannot get windows to delete, even using a program do unlock the files.

I'll let you know how that goes.

Id
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    misterid said:

I have ~29 gb in stupid sleep/hibernate files that I cannot get windows to delete, even using a program do unlock the files.

To get rid of the files the "normal way" (without tinkering with files), follow these intructions. You can do it with a simple command.

• misteridmisterid Member Posts: 39
    Isaya said:

misterid said:

I have ~29 gb in stupid sleep/hibernate files that I cannot get windows to delete, even using a program do unlock the files.

To get rid of the files the "normal way" (without tinkering with files), follow these intructions. You can do it with a simple command.

Believe me, I have done everything you can do in Windows to remove the files. They are stuck there. Not sure how it occurred either. Something odd has happened to them. No matter what I should be able to delete them with the force delete command via the command promt, however, from that point they do not exist. Very odd. I am not sure what has happened, but something has become corrupted some how.