Skip to content

Lost access to my Priest spell book.

So, for some reason my Priest Spell book just greyed out on both Viconia and Jaheira. I don't know exactly when it happened, but I noticed right after I had fought some bandits, and Jaheira leveled. I looked at the priest spell book to change around some spells and it as greyed out. I proceeded to check Viconia's and it was greyed out as well (she didn't level, only Jaheira did.) Then I proceeded to check the mage book for both PC and Neera and they were perfectly fine. What spells the two cleric already have memorized can be cast without a problem, but I cant edit anything and I'm really hitting a wall here.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    1) Are you running any mods?
    2) Put your save folder into a zip or rar file and I'll take a look at it.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    edited September 2014
    elminster said:

1) Are you running any mods?
    2) Put your save folder into a zip or rar file and I'll take a look at it.

Nope, I haven't used any yet. I prefer to play the vanillia clean first before I start moding.

Edit;
    I took a break from the game for a little bit, when I came back to it, I had access to the priest spellbook for both of them. This is still a disheartening problem though.
    Post edited by DragonKing on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014
    Looks fine to me. I'm not sure what the issue could have been. You sure they weren't stunned, confused, panicked/morale failure, etc when you were looking? That is the only time I can think of where you might get something like what they described.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    elminster said:

Looks fine to me. I'm not sure what the issue could have been. You sure they weren't stunned, confused, panicked/morale failure, etc when you were looking? That is the only time I can think of where you might get something like what they described.

I'm sure, because you have no control over them at all with...pretty much all those ailments. This save only is only AFTER I moved from from the bandit camp to Beregost. Meaning between the whole transition, the priest spellbook was greyed out. I had even closed and reopened the game twice, so why it randomly stopped and then started is weird.
  • FrondFrond Member Posts: 121
    I just had the exact same issue with Viconia when coming out of the abandoned hut in High Hedge. When I rebooted the game they came back though.
  • twobitcodertwobitcoder Member Posts: 8
    This is a bug with the cleric spellbook (priest scroll). It happens to me all the time, right after combat, the status of the spellbook is not enabled again after combat, while it is for the wizard spellbook. Have to close the game and reopen it to get access to the priest scroll again.
  • JamieWroeJamieWroe Member Posts: 3
    Yep just had same issue too. Reloading saves didn't help but as others have said restarting the game fixes it.