Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Symbol of amaunator does not open last door.

MrBungleMrBungle Member Posts: 50
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I have the symbol of amanautor amd am unable to open the last door in the temple ruins. Anyone know what the bug is or a work around?
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Can you zip and attach a save for inspection please @MrBungle‌
    Thanks
  • MrBungleMrBungle Member Posts: 50
    this is the file
    I may have rested after obtaining the full symbol and before attempting the final door. Not sure if that may have triggered the bug.

It shouldn't do @MrBungle‌

Could you zip up the entire folder so the character portraits, world map and sav file are also included please.
    Thanks
    this is the whole file.
    OK, although you have the completed symbol the check it whether you have the 3 parts - that should grant xp and open the door. Did you do anything like leave parts outside, console in the completed item, leaving the area after making it and before opening the door? We'd need this information to determine whether there is a game issue to be looked into, or not.

Anyway, save attached with a screenshot of what happened when I consoled the 3 parts in.
    Thanks
    the three pieces of the pie make the symbol of amunateur right? I put all three parts to make the symbol. I did sleep in between making the symbol and opening the door. I did not console in anything. The symbol was made of the three parts found in dungeon. When I found the third piece the symbol formed automatically and gave me XP. Should I rerun the dungeon without sleeping to test the bug?
    I did not leave the dungeon after symbol formed but, even if I had, or slept for that matter, I still believe it would constitute a bug. Please verify that the three parts are what make the symbol of ammunator and that there are not three additional parts to be found. Your above statement, "OK, although you have the completed symbol the check it whether you have the 3 parts, is confusing.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited September 2014
    @MrBungle:

I think what Gate is asking is whether you obtained the 3 pieces from within the dungeon or did something else with them (like picked one piece, exited the dungeon, stored that piece in a chest somewhere, and then re-entered to obtain another piece).

I think you've answered Gate's original question. You did see the same blue message as is in Gate's screen shot and got the XP amount in Gate's screen shot, but still cannot open the door to the dungeon?

( @Gate70 : Could this be a global or character variable issue? I assume when the symbol gets created a variable gets set that allows the door to be opened...could Bungle have lost that variable?)
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    @MrBungle‌ It looks like you are trying to open the wrong door with the symbol. Before you can open the door to the Shadow Dragon lair, you'll have to pass another shadow door. For that you'll need one of the sun gems. You can find it in the statue behind the floor made of letters.

@Gate70‌ This appears to be a non-issue. I could advance just fine with the provided save after retrieving the sun gem.
    DeeGate70hook71
    Thank you argent77 that was indeed my mistake. I thought that was the last door but it was not. I have retrieved the sun gem and opened both doors now. There is no bug.
    Aargh, so it is. Thanks for sorting it @argent77‌
    (makes note not to try and deal with one last issue after finishing for the day again)