Skip to content

Rasaad the last Airbender

or The characters and what inspired their designs

I always suspected that Rasaad was the product of someone at Overhaul being very fond of Nickelodeon's Avatar.

Who or what do you guys think where the inspirations for the different characters?
It would of course be very nice to hear some official statements by the devs ~

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Just because Rasaad is a monk and bald, like The Last Airbender main character... and every average Buddhist monk?

I think that of all new BG characters, Rasaad design is the less inspired by a single character, but I may be wrong, as I'm not the author. :)
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Interesting question.

As I recall an explanation given elsewhere to a slightly-related question, the character concepts for the new NPCs were designed by David Gaider and Phillip Daigle, and the detailed writing was mostly by Andrew Foley. David and Phillip don't usually come to chat in these forums, but there's a reasonable chance that Andrew might drop in and shed some light on your question. Paging @AndrewFoley ...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    All I know is Rasaad's portrait is after Phillip Daigle and Dorn's portrait is after Trent Oster.

As for personality, I'm sure there's simply no one particular person/character who inspired BG:EE's NPCs - each of them was a result of a hard work. Their writers put much work into them so even if there had been several certain examples they all were thrown into a mix.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    But Aang is like so cooler.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited September 2014
    Well, ok, then let me ask the other way around:

Who do the characters remind you of?

• BusticationBustication Member Posts: 49
    Noober reminds me of John Boehner.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    @elminster reminds me of Gandalf. Both, it seems, have the same nose shape.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited September 2014
    Neeber reminds me of Noober. I guess that counts.