Skip to content

Anyway to get tech support at all?

LarelinLarelin Member Posts: 16
Is this my only recourse to post on this forum when a game bug totally makes it so I can no longer continue playing the game? A game I paid hard earned money for.
I got some answers but I was hoping for a admin or something to actually tell me step by step what to do.. especially since my issue is common (The statue mouth that wont open in the asylum) and especially because Im sure it isn't that hard of a fix. Oh.. and yes.. I have the HAND and the Red Crystal.. both.. I get the script saying the way is open.. and nope nothing... Please help

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited January 2014
    @Larelin If you need tech support just send an email to support@beamdog.com or send a private message to @Dee

If you just post your problem in the forums what you may expect is being answered by other forum members.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    When you contact support please attach your saved game in a zip file. It will make it easier to identify and fix the problem.
  • LarelinLarelin Member Posts: 16
    im trying to upload these saves in a compressed file.
    there we go
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Larelin, you were already given a response from @Jalily (an admin and Team Member) regarding the asylum bug. I also gave you a reply. If you need help in understanding what to do with the information, then please use the tagging function (e.g. @Troodon80) in order to ask for some clarification instead of creating a new topic. :-)
    the horrible thing @Troodon80 is that I have purchased this game when it came out 18 years ago.. when the came out with the "Collection" with Icewindale.. Temple of El Evil.. so forth.. and now I spend another 25$ on this game. Somehow it regressed. I have never noticed one single bug on the old ones... Now I haven't been able to play for days.. Why? ... Because Im forced to go into a forum and put myself at the mercy of folks.. Good hearted as they are to help me... Im not good at compu-speak. .. When someone says go into this file... or unzip here or put this text in the code language.. so forth.. I cant do it.. and truthfully I think it is wrong that I am forced to.
    If I think all that and I still try to play.. it must be a pretty good game..
    Well.. @dee came through.. finally past that dumb statue.. thanks everyone that responded
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The fix Troodon80 posted wouldn't have helped you, Larelin, since you had already given the hand to the statue; so even with the fix, you wouldn't have the hand in your inventory to be detected, so the head wouldn't open.

Glad I could help.
    @Dee, it appears as though the hand is located on the table near the statue, so... er... Glad it is sorted, regardless. :-)
  • CivolatatCivolatat Member Posts: 7
    @troodon80 @dee.... I'm having the same statue issue... I've never had to use a forum to fix a game I didn't create... saved game attached please help
    @Civolatat, the attached save game is fixed.

I don't suppose you have a save game prior to obtaining the hand or gem?
    @troodon80 Wow thanks for the quick reply... the next closest save I have is at the beginning of Chapter 4
    @Civolatat, could you upload that for me?
    No problem. Thanks again.
  • tiguidoutiguidou Member Posts: 53
    I just downloaded BGEE for Windows (I got WIN 8.1) from Beamdog and when I try to clik on Start button, there's no reaction...help !
  • @tiguidou‌ do you use the beamdog launcher (Blue icon, blue menu) Or stand alone launcher Black with skull?

It's better to create a new topic for this but it should not be a big problem.