Skip to content

Spell/item/kit revision appreciation thread

Love these mods, completely gives the game a new feel even with old content.
ArdullolienjackjackDemivrgvsCrevsDaakMykraineth

Comments

• DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Oh yes, they are great. Give Items a way better feel and progression.
    Almost every spell is usefull now!
    Blanaced Kits (at least for Fighters, Palas, Rangers, Monk trueclass and Babarian, cant wait for the rest)
    I just love the new and improved Wizard Slayer :)
    Demivrgvs
  • And I thought the new mod's where rarely downloaded.

If BG2EE Patch 1.3 comes close I will make sure my club mods are tested for BG2EE. They should work, but are not tested jet.
    SCARY_WIZARDDevanthar
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    edited October 2014
    I simply love this revisions
    Demivrgvs
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    I have to concur, these mods are very good - AND a work in active development! Yay!
    Demivrgvs
    they are great even as beta versions. I will be so happy if the final version is released.
    @kensai any chance you release more of you awesome kits?
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    edited October 2014
    @Darkersun‌ , yes there is a chance, just have to finish some deals IRL :)
    @Demivrgvs‌ , could you please adapt yours Kit and Spell Revisions to a BG1EE and IWD1EE? It would be awesome.
    Post edited by kensai on
  • DemivrgvsDemivrgvs Member Posts: 315
    @kensai sorry I took so long to reply, I kinda stopped following these forums. Anyway, all Revisions mods are compatible with both BG1EE and BG2EE now. The latest builds are not officially released and labeled as "betas" but afaik they work fine and they reached an almost fully bug free state (at least judging by the huge amount of players not reporting issues, I think @Darkersun is one of those many "beta testers" and could tell you better).

Btw, a new build for IR will be up within today, and SR will shortly follow. ;)
    kensaicomebackhomelolien
    Thanks Demi, yes they are working very well already. Had not much time lately to test, but that is one think on my list: Playing BG:EE +BG2EE with IR & SR.
    lolien
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Demivrgvs said:

@kensai sorry I took so long to reply, I kinda stopped following these forums. Anyway, all Revisions mods are compatible with both BG1EE and BG2EE now. The latest builds are not officially released and labeled as "betas" but afaik they work fine and they reached an almost fully bug free state (at least judging by the huge amount of players not reporting issues, I think @Darkersun is one of those many "beta testers" and could tell you better).

Btw, a new build for IR will be up within today, and SR will shortly follow. ;)

Thank you. Updates to SR/IR bring a lot of joy to my reruns. Greatly appreciated.
    lolien
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    I have to say that in all the time I've been playing BG, I've never tried to use these mods.

I'm looking over the readme files for them at G3, and think my next run I will give them a go. I'm really interested to see how it plays, because it sounds really well done.

What mods do you fine users usually combine with the Kit/Item/Spell Revision mods?
    lolien
    edited February 2015
    @Mykra the online readme files are unfortunately outdated :( but they can give you a good idea of the mod direction. The official G3 links still host IR V2 and SR V3, but for EE I would strongly recommend to use the V4 versions (labeled as "closed betas" but fully stable and almost 100% bug free).

I'm glad you want to give them a chance (I can give you access to the "betas" if you wish), I'm sure you will not regret it. ;) Ask me for any doubt or issue.

When it comes to "what mods combine well" with Revision mods I'll let players suggest them, but I would suggest you to keep a small list. IR + SR + SCS alone makes for a completely new game imo.
    loliencomebackhome
    edited February 2015
    Demivrgvs said:

I'm glad you want to give them a chance (I can give you access to the "betas" if you wish), I'm sure you will not regret it. ;) Ask me for any doubt or issue.

Absolutely, I look forward to giving them a shot. Hit me with the links or access whenever. As long as I can have SCS and Unfinished Business I am golden :D (Although, how does SCS work with the new spells from SR? Do I install SCS then SR, or SR then SCS? Mainly thinking of how it rebalances some spells, do I just skip those during install and everything is cool?)

With the new spells like Break Enchantment, and the Paladin revisions, I may be able to give a proxied Holy Liberator another run through Amn!
    Post edited by Mykra on
    @Mykra install SCS after IR/SR because the former actually checks if my mods are installed and takes advantage from it such as using previously useless spells and sometimes even the few new spells.

What I did with Break Enchantment (aka vanilla Remove Curse) was already a fan favorite indeed since V3 and with V4 I also finally managed to make it counter Charm/Domination! How to turn a spell from utterly useless to a "must have". :smiley:
    So, I should have played with these mods a long time ago. The only thing I really miss are the divine kits from Divine Remix (Mainly for Viconia), but these are just great mods.

I think the fact they always hung around the unfinished/unreleased part of G3 is why I skipped over them.

So yeah, if anyone reading this has never tried the three Revision mods, do a run with them. It's worth it.
    DemivrgvsDarkersunArdul
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Mykra said:

The only thing I really miss are the divine kits from Divine Remix (Mainly for Viconia), but these are just great mods.

No reason you can't use this together with Divine Remix... even in an abundance of caution, you can install the DR kits but not the DR spell changes of sphere system...
    Really? I know nothing about modding BG, but I figured that the Divine Kits would have had listings for spells for use/ban, and having a different spell list involved would basically break the mod.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    I dream of the day the revisions mods by Demi get out of beta. Until then... nah, I've had enough of v3's
    lansounet said:

I dream of the day the revisions mods by Demi get out of beta. Until then... nah, I've had enough of v3's

I've been using them for about a month on BG1EE and BG2EE, and other than some issues I've had with the Stalker and the ability Fighters get at lvl5, they seem like they are way past Beta releases. SR works perfectly, IR as well, and the kits are all very well done.

@subtledoctor Thanks, I'll take a look at your Scales of Balance mod sometime later today. I don't mind putting aside KR for a little bit until he gets the Stalker hammered out, but does SoB work well with IR/SR? I'm guessing by your comment it's a modular install, but I never quite know how this plays with that unless the author has said. Or maybe that's in a readme I haven't read yet. It's late, I'll download it and give it a look-over in the morning. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    @Iansounet SRV4 beta isn't perfect right now but IRV4 is extremely stable and bug free if you wish to play it. Anyway, it's a matter of 1-2 more beta builds for IR and few more for SR before they are 100% ready.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Yeh sorry I'm just bitter from SR and IR v3's that were in beta state forever with many bugs (Check the hotfix list seriously). I remember reporting missing EFF files that I incidentally discovered thanks to a TobEx bug that crashed the game everytime an EFF file was called and not found... Otherwise no one would have noticed.

I'm not asking for them to be perfect and bug-free at release, but personally I'll wait a couple months after both are released. And maybe KR too for the whole package.
  • The_VokThe_Vok Member Posts: 1
    These mods sound awsome. Where can I get them? I have searched alot and only found the v2 and v3 versions...anyone?
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Demivrgvs said:

@Iansounet SRV4 beta isn't perfect right now but IRV4 is extremely stable and bug free if you wish to play it. Anyway, it's a matter of 1-2 more beta builds for IR and few more for SR before they are 100% ready.

@Demivrgvs
    Would you kindly point me to where I can download SR/IR/KR versions for the latest betas?

I used to play old BG with SR+SCS and it has been a huge loss to do EE all this time without SR. I have been reading your forums and it seems that the beta versions are now mature enough for a BGEE+BG2EE+SCS run, yes?

Thank you kindly.
    @Ygramul I'll send you a PM asap.

Anyway just to be clear for anyone else who might be interested.

IRV4 needs 1-2 more beta builds, then it's ready. The current build is very stable and bug-free imo. The only real thing left to do is making Store Revision affect the BG1 part of the game.

SRV4 needs 3-5 more builds. We have fixed 99% of the issues with pre-existing spells but now I'm adding all the new ones (e.g. last build added Obscuring Mist, Animal Summoning from I to VII, and Animal Growth to druid's spellbook). Within 2-3 builds all the new spells should be in, then fixed within 1-2 builds if needed. The readme here is less problematic than it was for IR.

KR is a completely different story. It all depends on which classes you want to use. It's missing too many classes right now (e.g. all spellcasters), and the True Fighter has a really problematic issue with EE (thanks to EE which ruins an opcode, not because I'm bad), but if you like what I did with all other fighters, monks, paladins or rangers, than even the current beta is in really great shape imo. Let's just say KR's beta is really a beta, not like IR/SR ones which are more like finished products under final testing.

Sorry for the wall of text.
    Ardul
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Thanks, @Demivrgvs
    Really appreciate the prompt reply and the overall effort.
    Will look forward to your PM.
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Why you haven't been offered a position at beamdog is truly beyond me mate, thanks again :)
  • DespotYetiDespotYeti Member Posts: 6
    As a newbie to all the revision mods, I'm really loving the Item Revisions mod in my current playthrough. I love all the reworks, makes me really appreciate a lot of the previously weaker items. (Cloak of the Wolf turns you into a Werewolf!)

Kind of offtopic, but I'm super pumped for the Pillars of Eternity release. Unfortunately I recently learned that the magic system in PoE won't have counterspells and would be mostly limited to self-buffs and damage AoE spells so I'm eagerly awaiting for V4 of Spell Revisions to fulfill my magic battle needs. I've read some of the brainstorming on the G3 site and a lot of really cool ideas are being thrown around, so I'm super hyped for the new version, thanks for all the hardwork!
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    For all Revison lovers out there - here's a modified SCS version that does the changes listed here.
    Enjoy, all hotfixes for EEs/Ascension included.
    Do not use w/o latest SR, which you can get here.
    DemivrgvsArdul[Deleted User]comebackhome