Skip to content

Pit of faithless (BG 2 EE)

I'm in the Pit of the faithless. I've dealt with the six blind priests, and now I'm at that gross sucking thing in the middle. I assume this is where I should get the other part of the rod, but I click all over with my main character who has the first half of the rod, and nothing happens. Thanks for any help.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    The rod half isn't there. It's in a chamber to the far right of the map, with a gauth and one of those large bulging things like in the place you enter.
  • mythladymythlady Member Posts: 37
    Thanks -- I'll look there.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Bottom right chamber
    Ok found it but now I'm not finding the unseeing eye. There's a beholder and a few Gauths in the tunnels to the left, but I don't think the beholder is the unseeing eye, is it?
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    After you beat the Gauths/Beholders in the bottom right chamber, loot the...the...whatever that thing is in the middle of the room. Once you have the assembled rod, return through the passageway and the Unseeing Eye will appear.
    It's not appearing. I went and killed the last Gauths and beholder, got the bottom left rewards, I have the rod assembled, but no unseeing eye. I'm wandering around and around.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I think it appears in the southernmost room. That's where it kept appearing for me.
    In the room where you found the other piece of the rod?
    edited September 2014
    I encountered this glitch before - did you quicksave upon picking up the rod? When I did this I had to reload an earlier save.

For some reason quicksaving after picking up the rod but before encountering the big bad can cause him not to appear.
    Oh crap, that's probably what I did. I'll have to go way back.
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    Could you console him in? Might be worth it to try if your last save is too far back.

BHEYE
    Thanks I went back and I got it.
    Thanks JLee, it wasn't that far back
    Cool - hopefully your last save would have been your area transition autosave. Glad you are moving on!