Skip to content

[Known 6114] unable to use stone to flesh on petrified party member.

whiteyfuwhiteyfu Member Posts: 3
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I was in the area where you get the rod as part of the cult of the eyeless quest, and a petrification trap went off, which petrified Minsc, then I quicksaved, not noticing that it happened. I got the blue target/talk circle around him like normal, then I left the area to get some stone to flesh scrolls, and on return to him, I no longer can target him when I hold the cursor over him, so I'm unable to use the scroll. Thoughts?
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Unbelievable.

Such issues should never happen after all these years.
    whiteyfuCrevsDaak
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    When In doubt, it it with a hammer.

Wait...
    meagloth said:

When In doubt, it it with a hammer.

Wait...

it-it?

That's messed.

CrevsDaak
  • whiteyfuwhiteyfu Member Posts: 3

Unbelievable.

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing this morning, but I don't recall really running into bugs like this on my original play through 14 years ago! heh.
    whiteyfu said:

Unbelievable.

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing this morning, but I don't recall really running into bugs like this on my original play through 14 years ago! heh.
    Yeah. You're probably running with mods anyhow. xD :)
  • whiteyfuwhiteyfu Member Posts: 3

whiteyfu said:

Unbelievable.

Yeah. You're probably running with mods anyhow. xD :)
    no mods this time, last time I played bg2 in 06 or so I used some stuff, but I didn't this time since I'm playing BG2EE, and I figured I wouldn't need any.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited September 2014
    The issue is probably caused by loss of local variables for Minsc rather than petrification, issue 7190. I'll have a look to confirm.

Edit. Strange, I can't get that to happen. Tried going through several other areas and so on to no effect.

Do you have an earlier save you can go back to, or do you want to zip & attach a save to see if it can be sorted.
    Thanks
    Post edited by Gate70 on
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Sylvus_Moonbow‌, @whiteyfu‌

You're both aware that the VAST majority of the bugs we're all running into here are those that have come from the original games, right? :)
    CrevsDaak
    Illydth said:

@Sylvus_Moonbow‌, @whiteyfu‌

You're both aware that the VAST majority of the bugs we're all running into here are those that have come from the original games, right? :)

Which, being an Enhanced Edition of said original, should no longer exist by this time.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    At this point if it's a vanilla bug, it's also an Enhanced Edition bug. We don't discriminate when we're fixing them.
    CrevsDaak
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @whiteyfu‌: Do you have a save you can post up that we can verify for local variable issues or have you gotten past this point? There's a possibility we can fix the save for you if it's still an issue.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Looks like it is issue 6114, marking as such.