Skip to content

Level Cap and HLA's

Well been looking with no luck for these answers on these forums and search engines.

So here are my questions;

1.)
What will the experience level cap be?

2.)
Will we be able to get HLA's?

You have no idea how i yearn to Greater Whirlwind with Pale Justice :)

jackjack

Comments

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    1) In the 20s.

2) Maybe?
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261

1) In the 20s.

2) Maybe?

Gosh i hope so. Even if we only get a few it would make the game so much more fun and more fun solo-able for me personally.

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I assume the xp cap will be the same as the orignal (30) however, there is not enough xp in the game to get close to that (unless you play over and over again). As for HLAs, some would need to be modified, so they may not make the cut. Again, in a normal playthrough you wouldn't get enough xp for HLAs anyway.
    i must be one of the few that likes to grind yetis ;)

or turn on HOF mode and fight beetles, just for XP.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    The Frost Wights were very easy to kill for XP. Yetis gave less,mbut I did try to get a level ftom them too.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Icewind Dale 1's cap was more of a level cap than an experience cap. If you use a multiclassed character, he or she can get up to level 30 in each class (even if you use a F/M/T or F/M/C).

The HLAs would probably be obtained in Heart of Winter. There will probably have to be some modifications to them if they were brought to Icewind Dale (for example, tracking is a ranger HLA in Bg2, but it is a normal ranger ability in IWD).
    edited September 2014
    really excited the consensus seems to be that HLA's will be in in some sort of form , whoopie! guess i just wanted to plan how many we were getting ;)
    Druids get there elemental forms through normal progression. Other classes get something equivelent to their HLAs too. I'm not sure there will be enough unique abilities left for certain classes to add HLAs as in BG2.
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    Well hopefully Monks get something unique and interesting this time...
    RAM021 said:

But the thing is, is it worth putting the effort into revamping HLAs (Improved Bard Song is another ability that would need to be changed) when HLAs are outside the normal level range of IWD?
    jackjack
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Fardragon said:

RAM021 said:

But the thing is, is it worth putting the effort into revamping HLAs (Improved Bard Song is another ability that would need to be changed) when HLAs are outside the normal level range of IWD?
    You'd probably have HLAs by the middle of HoW with a party of six. You'd probably have them in the middle of the main campain if you were soloing.

Fardragon said:

RAM021 said:

You'd probably have HLAs by the middle of HoW with a party of six. You'd probably have them in the middle of the main campain if you were soloing.
    Neither of which is "normal" play. We may get HLAs, but I wouldn't count on it.
    Fardragon said:

We may get HLAs, but I wouldn't count on it.

As i Paladin i beseech Beamdog to allow some HLA's in.

RAM021
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    Fardragon said:

RAM021 said:

Yes, most definitely. This is an ENHANCED Edition after all...

Heart of Fury ensures reaching the required levels and HLA have been confirmed as in already.
    edited September 2014
    So, what do you propose giving Druids? Since they get Elemental Forms anyway, they don't have enough HLAs left.

Is the beetle form IWD2? I guess that would be an option.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Are normal druid Elementals as beastly as the HLA ones?

Either way, Princes are powerful.