Skip to content

[BG:EE EVIL KITS MOD] RAVAGER AND PALEMASTER

DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
edited September 2014 in BG:EE Mods
Hi friends.
I've decided to share my new custom DnD kits with you.
Now you can beat the BGEE and BG2EE games with the Ravager or with the Palemaster.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

RAVAGER

RAVAGER: Feared by many and understood by few, the infamous ravager is an individual who has dedicated himself to the service of Erythnul, deity of slaughter. Living a life of violence and savagery, the ravager seeks to spread this deity's malignant influence wherever he goes, never resting long in one place lest the forces of good pursue him. Ravagers who come from the ranks of fighters and barbarians find that the ravager's offensive capabilities enhance their combat skills. Ravagers spend much of their time with others of their kind, roaming the land in small, close-knit communities without warning, and retiring back into the wilderness to plan their next terrible raid. Sometimes the clergy of Erythnul commands a lone ravager to undertake some mission or project that obliges the ravager to join up with other individuals, but such alliances are usually temporary and must be managed carefully, lest they lead to quarrels or worse.

Advantages:
- May use Haul ability once per day.

HAUL:
The ravager throws a hook with a 50 feet long mithral chain torwards the opponent to lug him to a closer distance.

- May use Pain Touch ability once per day.
- At 2nd level may use Aura of Fear ability once per day.

AURA OF FEAR:
Enemies within 10 feet of a ravager of 2nd level or higher take a —2 morale penalty on all saving throws for 1 turn. The range of this aura increases at 6th level to 20 feet, at 15th level to 30 feet, at 20th level to 40 feet.
There is no Saving Throw against this ability.

- May use Cruelest Cut ability once per day every 5 levels (starts at 5 level with one use).

CRUELEST CUT:
When a ravager reaches 3rd level, his familiarity with pain and fear grant him a cruel precision with his melee attacks.
The ravager gets a 30% chance for 5 rounds to knock the target down and wound it dealing additional 1d4 piercing damage that causes 1 point of additional bleeding damage per round.

- At 10th level may use Visage of Terror ability once per day.

Disadvantages:
- Incurs a -2 penalty to Charisma.
- May not wear armor heavier than splint mail.
- May not exceed Specialization (two slots) with any weapon class.
- May achieve Specialization (two slots) in any fighting style and allocate three slots in Two-Weapon Style.
- Alignment restricted to evil.
- Hit Die: d8.

Visage of Terror
(Illusion)

Level: 1
Range: 30 ft.
Duration: 3 rounds
Casting Time: 1
Area of Effect: 1 creature
Saving Throw: Neg.

You create a phantasmal image of the most fearsome creature imaginable to the subject simply by forming the fears of the subject's subconscious mind into something that its conscious mind can visualize: this most horrible beast. Only the spell's subject can see the phantasmal image. You see only a vague shape. The subject must make a Spell save to recognize the image as unreal, or flee in panic for 3 rounds. Even if the Spell save is successful, the subject takes 3d6 points of damage.~

Pain Touch
(Necromancy)

Level: 1
Range: Touch
Duration: Instant
Casting Time: 1
Area of Effect: 1 creature
Saving Throw: None

Erythnul teaches that life is pain, and so is the touch of a ravager. A ravager can make an unarmed magical touch attack that deals 1d8 points of damage + 1 point per ravager level, to a maximum of 1d8+10 points.~

Supposed to be a Barbarian kit, but have no idea how to add a kit to the Barbarian class. Hardcoded :-P

PALEMASTER

PALEMASTER: Necromancy is usually a poor choice for arcane spellcasters - those who really want to master the deathless arts almost always pursue divine means. However, an alternative exists for those who desire power over undead but refuse to give up their arcane craft completely. Enter the pale master, who draws on a font of special lore that provides a macabre power all its own. Many pale masters still end up supplementing their arcane power with levels of divine magic. The mixture of "pale lore" and clerical abilities to sway, create, command, and destroy undead can be a potent one.

Advantages:
- 1st level: Bone Skin.

BONE SKIN:
The pale master's tough, cadaverous flesh gives them a +2 natural armor bonus to AC. This bonus increases to +4 at 4th level and +6 at 8th level.

- 2nd level: Gains the ability to cast Animate Dead once per day.
- 3rd level: Gains Infravision innate ability.
- 4th level: Gains +2 bonus to AC.
- 5th level: Gains the ability to cast Control Undead once per day.
- 6th level: Undead Graft.

UNDEAD GRAFT:
A pale master gives in to terrible necrophiliac urges. He cuts off his arm and replaces it with an undead prosthetic, which may be skeletal in form or preserved flesh stitched in place like that of a flesh golem. Regardless of its composition, the graft grants a +4 inherent bonus to the character’s Strength score. Additionally, the undead graft allows him to cast Harm once per day.

- 7th level: Tough as Bone.

TOUGH AS BONE:
The pale master becomes more and more like one of the implacable undead. They gain Immunity to hold & level drain

- 8th level: Gains +2 bonus to AC.
– 10th level: Deathless Master's Touch.

DEATHLESS MASTER'S TOUCH:
At 10th level the pale master's touch becomes deadly and can instantly kill a target. The Deathless Master's Touch allows him to cast Slay Living once per day.

Disadvantages:
- Race restricted to Human.
- Incurs a -3 penalty to Charisma.
- Alignment restricted to any non-good.

A necromantic sorcerer kit with some priest abilities as the description says.

Source:
http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Pale_Master
http://dndtools.eu/classes/pale-master/
http://dndtools.eu/classes/ravager/
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Ravager_(3.5e_Prestige_Class)

Link v1.1:
https://www.mediafire.com/?7nkfhmbppehi45p

Enjoy!

P.S.:
also check out my first BGEE NPC mod:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34279/bg-ee-mod-caina-fighter-brigand-npc-and-zarra-ranger-archer-npc
Post edited by DarkDogg on
CrevsDaakartificial_sunlightSCARY_WIZARDDreadKhanKamigoroshiArmanciaJuliusBorisovGodKaiserHellFredjokensaiRAM021

Comments

• RoarRoar Member Posts: 41
    edited September 2014
    cool mod, i will definitely install this!

Oh, I got this error when installing, can anyone help?

ERROR Installing [RAVAGER for BGEE], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [rava/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "rava/backup/0/OTHER.0")
    [rava/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 0 files for [SETUP-RAVA.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 0 files for [SETUP-RAVA.TP2] component 0.
    Unable to Unlink [rava/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "rava/backup/0/READLN.0")
    Unable to Unlink [rava/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "rava/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")
    Kamigoroshi
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Frenzied Berserker! The Ravager pics werent very good, so nice choice. ;)

Interesting kits though, good job!
    DarkDogg
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    This is probably the first time that I see a Greyhawk centered kit in Baldur's Gate. :o
    DarkDoggCrevsDaakMortianna
  • ArmanciaArmancia Member Posts: 243
    My hero ! It's a good idea to add an evil "barbarian " Kit .
    In my opinion, Loviatar or Bane would be the best choice like god for a ravager in the forgotten realms.
    DarkDogg
    Armancia said:

In my opinion, Loviatar or Bane would be the best choice like god for a ravager in the forgotten realms.

I don't think Loviatar or Bane would be the best choices for Ravagers to worship. Being Lawful Evil and all that. There however exist a Forgotten Realms deity equivalent to Greyhawk's Erythnul: Garagos, a.k.a. the Reaver.
    ArmanciaDarkDoggMortianna
    can anyone help me with the installation error? What am i missing here?

Unable to Unlink [rava/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "rava/backup/0/OTHER.0")
    Unable to Unlink [rava/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "rava/backup/0/READLN.0")
    Unable to Unlink [rava/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "rava/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    edited September 2014
    Roar said:

Hmm. This is strange.
    Try to place this "backup" folder into the "rava" folder.
    Unzip it of course before installing.
    Kamigoroshi
    Guys, have someone any ideas how to edit the Sorc's spell progression?
    I've tried different things with the SPLSRCKN.2DA and MXSPLDD.2DA. No luck.

I might need it in the future, because I'm making a Hexblade kit (a combat Bard kit) for BGEE.
    DarkDogg said:

Roar said:

Hmm. This is strange.
    Try to place this "backup" folder into the "rava" folder.
    Unzip it of course before installing.
    In my case, the backup folder worked perfectly for the Ravager kit.
    However I still have a problem with getting your Palemaster properly installed though:

I've also attached the SETUP-PALE.DEBUG file as a precaution.
    Strangely, it still doesn't work for me. I've added the 'backup' folder into the 'Rava' folder.

I'm still getting an error.
    @Kamigoroshi and @Roar I'm not a pro modder, but as I see it, there could be 2 problems:
    1. My mod supports only English_US language. Sometimes launching weidu a choose language menu could appear. Choose - №2 English.
    2. Do not copy the fl#add_kit_ee.tpa file. The file should remain in the "rava\pale" folder.
    Just copy the Setup-rava.exe and Setup-rava.tp2 to your BG main dir for the installation.
    Kamigoroshi
    DarkDogg said:

@Kamigoroshi and @Roar I'm not a pro modder, but as I see it, there could be 2 problems:
    2. Do not copy the fl#add_kit_ee.tpa file. The file should remain in the "rava\pale" folder.
    Just copy the Setup-rava.exe and Setup-rava.tp2 to your BG main dir for the installation.

Thanks, I'm happy to confirm that this did work out for me. Installing the kits on a different language than English has no negative impact (other than having two different language in-game of course, but that's to be expected ;) ).

DarkDogg
    edited September 2014

Thanks, I'm happy to confirm that this did work out for me. Installing the kits on a different language than English has no negative impact (other than having two different language in-game of course, but that's to be expected ;) ).

I'm glad to hear that.
    Nowwhen I'm done with all 3 evil kits (uploaded Hexblade kit today), I'm not really sure about it, but I could make Deutsch, Espanol and Russkiy (not sure about this if only the latest 1.3 patch supports russian lang) translations in the future.
    Kamigoroshi
    That would be great. :)

Will the Hexblade be your last kit for this pack? I believe there's a lot of demand for an evil Ranger kit on these forums to.

That would be great. :)

Will the Hexblade be your last kit for this pack? I believe there's a lot of demand for an evil Ranger kit on these forums to.

Yeah. Supposed to be 3 kits in this pack, but I've ran into problems while testing the Hexblade, thats why it took so long.
    Well, actually these are my first BG mods evah releazed =) I need some time for new ideas and I need some more modding expirience.
    I have an ultimate NPC idea for BG2 (really superb idea, I wonder no one made such an NPC before). I'll probably focus on that in the future.

Besides... Wasteland 2 is waiting for me =)
    Kamigoroshi
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    DarkDogg said:

Supposed to be a Barbarian kit, but have no idea how to add a kit to the Barbarian class. Hardcoded :-P

Actually, the Barbarian is (soft) coded as a Fighter kit, and, yes, it's selection on the Class Selection scree at character creation is hardcoded.
    DarkDogg
    edited September 2014
    DarkDogg said:

1. My mod supports only English_US language. Sometimes launching weidu a choose language menu could appear. Choose - №2 English.

OK - got this to install fine.

While running the game, a strange bug is that clerics and druids can no longer memorize priest spells w this mod installed. After uninstalling this mod, clerics and druids can memorize spells again no problem.

Post edited by Roar on
  • LuthfordLuthford Member Posts: 1,301
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited September 2014
    Because we haven't used the word "ravager" often enough in Baldur's Gate yet. First the halberd, then that demon thing, then one of Dennaton's nicknames for you in the black pits 2, now this?

Because we haven't used the word "ravager" often enough in Baldur's Gate yet. First the halberd, then that demon thing, then one of Dennaton's nicknames for you in the black pits 2, now this?

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Ravager
    It's not my fault =)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    you based the palemaster kit in the D&D 3.5 version, evolving it as an prestige class.

But... one thing you got me interested: Did you modded it as an sorcerer, so r u getting sorcerer kit mods to work well? Just curiosity.