Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Saves disappeared - Throne of Bhaal

ryan90ryan90 Member Posts: 4
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Hi all,

I recently discovered the re-issue of Baldur's Gate. I have binge played for the past couple weeks and was up to the last chapter in Throne of Bhaal when i decided to tackle Watchers Keeep before finishing the game. In the middle of a battle i decided to load my quick save but pressing the L key did nothing. I didnt think much of it and quit onto the main menu to load it from there only to realise all my saves had disappeared except for one i made 2chapters beforehand.

I checked the Baldurs gate files and can find the saves but for some reason the game will not recognise either the quick save or the last auto save. I'm woeful enough with computers so wouldnt be surprised if im missing something obvious

Any advice you have would be brilliant, cheers
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    @ryan90‌ SoA and ToB create distinct quick and auto saves. Names are below, first two being for SoA.
    000000000-Auto-Save
    000000001-Quick-Save
    000000003-Auto-Save-tob
    000000004-Quick-Save-tob

Having opened the file you've attached, it is a save just prior to the end of SoA. Can you search your hard disk for the latter two names to see if you can locate them?
  • ryan90ryan90 Member Posts: 4
    Hey Gate70, sorry my fault. I've attached what i hope is the TOB quick save.

Cheers,
    OK, what you've got there @ryan90‌ is a folder of the portraits and game location but neither the baldur.sav or baldur.gam files are there. This will be why the game doesn't pick up the save.

If you can't find those files elsewhere there's not a lot that can be done other than go back to an earlier save.
    Sorry i never even looked into the folder, is the auto save any use? Thanks
    Hmm, that save has those 2 files but nothing else. Try this save @ryan90‌

& if it works make a named save :)
    Ah your a miracle worker mate, it works. Thanks a millions :) and ye God will do!
    Not sure why this happened, will mark as not an issue but leave open in case other instances need to be reported.
    Thanks