Skip to content

[Not an issue] devil familiar stuck in different form.

darkkilltecdarkkilltec Member Posts: 1
edited August 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
hi everybody,

i have an devil familiar and used hes own polymorph spell to change jim to an ogre. After sleeping in a tavern the familiar is still in ogre form and i have no option to change his form.

elminster's edit: No response in 11 months. I'm labeling this not an issue.
Post edited by elminster on

Comments

• szbszb Member Posts: 220
    edited January 2013
    I shapeshifted with the imp familiar but now I can't change back.
    Even after resting the special ability tab is greyed out, is this a bug or am I missing something?
    EDIT: And I can't get it in my pack either, that dialoge option is missing.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Maybe go to a temple and use Dispel Magic on yourself.
  • MartoxMartox Member Posts: 6
    Same thing happened to me, definitely a bug. I had to kill the thing and then edit the savegame with Shadowkeeper to remove the constitution malus on the character (i also edited a new Find Familiar scroll in the inventory).
    Don't know what caused the problem nor if there's a better way to solve it.
  • johjoh Member Posts: 9
    It's a bug and have already been reported. Only way for now is to load an older save, until they fix this.
    My advice when you use the polymorph spell with your imp, is to always make him back to his original form before resting, entering a house or changing area.
    Ok thanks for the responses, managed to fix it with shadowkeeper for now.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    The ability to put shapechanged familiars in the pack was removed because it...wouldn't change back afterwards...yeah.

If you rest, the familiar should revert to its natural form, and you will need to make it cast Polymorph Self to get the special abilities again. I'm guessing that's not what happened.

Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce the bug in v2011 even after trying out every form. I don't remember seeing a bug report where it wouldn't change back even if you never put it in the pack. Which form did you change the imp to, and did you do anything with it after that?
    I changed to the gnoll shape and I think I was trying to rest, but got ambushed.
  • MartoxMartox Member Posts: 6
    What it happened to me it the familiar was polimorphed into a Flind and then engaged in some intensive actions (a pair of fights and used to scout an unexplored area of the map with its superior movement speed). When i fast traveled i noticed it wasn't returning to it's natural form (but i can't say whether it was stuck before i actually fast traveled or not).

No resting/fast traveling/dispelling/waiting/cursing (lol) solved that problem for me.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    It seems this problem has arisen again
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited September 2014
    @darkkilltec‌ I did a quick check and the familiar resumed normal form. To help work out what is happening could you advise what version of the game you have please (should be visible from the options screen), what platform (e.g. pc, mac), language, and which inn you slept in. Also whether you had any dreams / special abilities happen when the rest was taken.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.