Skip to content

A way to change the start screen music in BG2:EE

switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
edited September 2014 in Feature Requests
BG:EE is using custom song for start screen menu (new song created for Enhanced Edition - Beamdog did a great job on this one) and original theme song when you choose to play Baldur's Gate. In BG2:EE both the start screen and Shadows of Amn menu are using the same vanilla theme song. I'd like to implement that new song from BG:EE into BG2:EE start screen without replacing the vanilla SoA theme when you choose to play SoA. Is it possible? If this is hardcoded, I'd like to see it externalized into Baldur.ini, BGEE.SQL or 2DA file.
Post edited by swit on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Should be under SONGLIST.2DA, I think.

33 BG2Theme THEME.MUS 81 ThemeT THEMET.MUS
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the comment, @Troodon80. I'm aware of songlist.2da, but this is not what I am asking for. THEME.MUS (themea.acm) is used for both start screen and SoA menu screen. You can't separate it via songlist.2da. And swapping the ACM file will change the music for both start screen and SoA menu. ThemeT is used for ToB menu. BPTheme for BP menu. There is no separate entry for start screen.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    In that case, I have no idea. BG:EE uses NewTheme and OldTheme for those two. I haven't tried experimenting with BG2:EE.