Skip to content

[Known 6232] BGIIEE crashing in chapter 6

AxItAxIt Member Posts: 8
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Hello, I opened a ticket to beamdog support about that, but it has not even been assigned after one week.
My game crashes in chapter 6 each time I press a left menu button (inventory, character profile etc).
Did anyone experience this issue?
Thanks

Ax

PS For the support team, ticket nomber is 9359 and you have a number of dump files to play with....

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @AxIt‌
    Chapter 6 is (I think) after you emerge from the Underdark. It sounds like you are experiencing the known issue where one or more of your characters has drow equipment that has turned to dust, either in their inventory or equipped.

Your options are;
    1. Load a save from before exiting the Underdark and dumping any drow equipment.
    2. Editing a save after exiting the Underdark, via EE Keeper, and removing drow equipment.
    3. Zipping and attaching a save. I've verified your id so you can attach files.

& a link to the issue.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27865/6232-core-crash-when-exiting-underdark-with-drow-items

Hopefully we can get you up and running quickly from this point.
    Thanks
  • AxItAxIt Member Posts: 8
    Yes it looks like you are right. Unfortunately I'm doing a "no look back" campaign and I just keep the last save. And the automatic save is already in chapter 6. I'll send the files as you suggest. But next week end, now I can't.

Thanks
    edited September 2014
    Here you go. The save file is here below.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Try this @AxIt‌ all drow dust removed so you need to find armour, weapons and shield for at least 3 characters.

Enjoy the rest of your game :)
    Well, I have more than enaugh in my two bags of holding. Thanks!