Skip to content

Southpaw. The one, the only. Adventures of the Bounty Hunting Mindflayer.

CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
edited July 2014 in BG:EE Mods
Well. I believe I did threaten this, and since no one stopped me.

I may have made a start. Be it a VERY minor one.
In the Candlekeep inn, there stands a tall, stunning Mindflayer.

He has no real dialogue yet, not are his stats and abilities final, however, this is a skeleton of what is to come. What I would like to do, over a very long time period, is a full usable, relatively funny and unique NPC with a full banter set and a lot of interjections.That is still a LONG way off and I will require a fair amount of tips and tricks as my dialogue writing skills are... uninspired, to say the least. Even where he is standing isn't where he will end up when I get around to finishing it, but at the moment, it's a start.

(I have a thing for Mindflayers. Deal with it.)

@Southpaw‌ mayyyy want to see this... possibly...

EDIT: If you guys wanna play around with him in his current state, be my guest. He was more uploaded for the funsies value at the moment. I will keep updating him over the coming days and weeks. :)
Post edited by CaloNord on

Comments

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    ...it seems I have found a glitch.
    I have started a new game with my standard character setup (Thief, this time a Swashbuckler, Southpaw, my original picture)...and this happened:

(cropped for size)
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Looks like the portrait didn't copy properly. I shall attend to it very shortly, as well as updating the attitude ;) I had absolutely no idea how you'd act. You okay with the telepathy? I'm told Illithid prefer to speak telepathically, their common is... pretty bad at best. :P
    edited July 2014
    All current dialogue is just a place holder until I get the hang of the personality. :) I'll go quote hunting in the other thread and see what I can do put together. Going to work on some banters for him to. ;)
    If there's any banter in particular, or quotes or dialogue I'll happily work on them when I can! :) I'm an awful writer so bear with me ;) eheheh
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @CaloNord - nah. it probably did copy over correctly, but I had the same portrait for my mainchar as the other Southpaw had. Also, the name - look at the command bar below - there's subtitles from 2 different Southpaws. So it seems, it would work for anyone...but me.
    A bit ironical, I'd say.
    edited July 2014
    @Southpaw‌ Hahaha! I'll check it out. :) I really shouldn't have let that out into the public domain yet. ;) I'm working on changing the dialogue now to more... toned down and slightly doughy drunk and delusional. Going to draw a fair bit from the NonSequitar Roleplay thread if you don't mind to much. It's a fun little project to polish up on my coding and writing. Besides, I LOVE mindflayers with a fiery passion. :) I'll get the portrait and name bug resolved tonight to if I can ;)
    I've also got some quests in mind MUCH later on revolving around trying to find out what happened to the other players involved... some banters as well, including his initial ones are based of the fact he doesn't know where they are.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I don't know if 'Good' is the correct term for him. . . :P He seems to think he is, but eating random people while no one is looking suggests this might be the delusions talking. ;)

When I get some more time off work I'm going to work on him a bit more. I'll come up with a convincing lie about the how. :P
    Oh my good lord yes. He will. :P Hahahah oh I so need more spare time. >:/
    Who want's to do this 'work' crap?!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited August 2014
    CaloNord said:

Oh my good lord yes. He will. :P

Good, I think he and my female barbarian would be perfect for one other.

imageimage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hzrDeceEKc

Post edited by SharGuidesMyHand on
  • SereverusSereverus Member Posts: 70
    @SharGuidesMyHand

XD that made me both laugh and do that "awww" noise when you think something is cute!
    made my day really, thanks!
    "those the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad, mad, maaaahahahaaad!"