Skip to content

[Known 9861] Creature Files overriding memorized spells

kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Memorization - Non-Mod required:
Current Behavior: For NPC's with spell memorization in the default .CRE file - when these spells have only a single memorization remaining and are put into any Contingency or Sequencer, they are not being decremented.

Expected Behavior: Spells are decremented regardless of how many are left or what's in the default .CRE file.

I am not sure if at what point this stops happening, or if no one uses an NPC's pre-selected choice of spell memorization's long enough to ever notice.

Repro:
Start new ToB game until reaching Pocket Plane
Summon Imoen through the Fate Spirit
Imoen Casts Contingency
Select Armor, Done.
Armor remains to be cast.

Go to Imoen's Mage book.
Memorize Reflected Image once.
Rest
Imoen Casts Contingency
Select Reflected Image, Done.
Reflected Image has been spent.

Go to Imoen's Mage book.
Remove Relfected Image and memorize another Armor spell.
Rest
Imoen Casts Contingency
Select Armor, Done.
Only one Armor remains to be cast.

Memorization - Mod-required: No vanilla spell uses this opcode in this way, but I figured it was related enough to include.

Current Behavior: For NPC's with spells memorizations in the default .CRE file - when these spells are removed through opcode 172, they remain memorized. Spells memorized, but not memorized in the default .CRE file are removed from memorization when opcode 172 is used.

Expected Behavior: Spell memorizations are removed with opcode 172 regardless of what's in the default .CRE file.
Post edited by Gate70 on
GalactygonGate70

Comments

• GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    Can confirm the "unmemorize" behavior with Chain Contingency. If you have multiple copies of the same spell memorized, then contingency "unmemorizes" spells properly, while it doesn't "unmemorize" spells if you only have one copy memorized.

Opcode 172's shortcomings are well known throughout the modding community.
    Gate70CrevsDaak
  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    edited September 2014
    Suddenly I seem to be getting the proper "unmemorize" behavior and am unable to reproduce this bug anymore. However, I am 100% sure I was able to reproduce this awhile ago exactly as @kjeron has done so.

EDIT: Nevermind, was able to reproduce this again. In fact, it didn't even unmemorize spells where multiple copies of the same spell was memorized. The unmemorize seemed to work once you manually unmemorized/rearranged spells that were not on the default .cre.
    Post edited by Galactygon on