Skip to content

*DLC/feature idea* - a more sensible and spicy HoF mode

bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
basically a "smart HoF" that could maybe even be offered alongside the classic HoF mode

How about replacing some existing lame fights (200hp goblins...) with different groups of higher tier monsters and adding unique, hla-using humanoid parties similar to some black pits and watcher's keep fights (and even that one in trials of the luremaster)

or how about something like:
undead blackguard tomb guards + liches.
noble frost salamanders that use GWW + something more menacing than ice trolls (ice golems? qorrashi?)
archer kit elves with smart ai shooting nasty projectiles along with some elven kensages
duergars could be composed of well-balanced parties, their clerics summoning fallen devas, dwarven defenders using hardiness, etc.
ToB-level giants (including some cleric ones)
some serious demons in ToTL underground part; maybe even some elemental princes summoned by the druids
true barbarians that rage and pummel you with power attacks and critical strikes.
burial isle populated with scores of death-wailing banshees and death ward dispelling nasties.
etc...
DexterSpjuv3rnjackjackaqzinaelminsterGrammarsaladJuliusBorisovkcwiseRAM021

Comments

• DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    Agreed. I've never played HoF mode and I never will. But this 'Smart HoF' I'd play (and buy) for sure .
  • CasadoomCasadoom Member Posts: 68
    edited October 2014
    I'd love this.

I've always hated how HoF mode just gave NPCs/summons obscene stats instead of enhancing the difficulty in different ways. Different creatures, better optimized abilities/kits, HLA, BG2 OP mage abilities, and some advanced tactics would have been amazing.

You'd still need to cheese but at least your characters would have access to the enemy abilities rather than straight up stat multipliers.

I also would not mind paying for a non-cheating HoF mod that allowed you to normally start from level 1 and reach 30 in one go.
    DexterJuliusBorisov
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited October 2014
    This is the kind of thing that would probably be part of a mod. I agree that it would be awesome, though.

Oh, here's another idea for this mode: how about giving high-level cleric spells to every enemy in the Severed Hand's cleric tower?
    Post edited by OlvynChuru on