Skip to content

Distinguishable clubs WEIDU(Update 1.1)

artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
edited October 2014 in BG:EE Mods
Update 1.1 Weidu patching for great compatibility

Since the release of BG:EE the magical clubs where a problem for a lot of players. If you found a club, and it was identified (as of the first version) you couldn't tell the difference between the normal and magical clubs. This was fixed in v1.2 by setting them Unidentified.
This was no solution for inventory management, because they all shared the same graphic.

NOT ANYMORE!

I created new BAM's for Club +1, +2, Night Club and my own Barbed club of Pain.
From left to right:
Club, Club +1, Mighty oak +2, Night Club, Root of the problem, Chanserv's Fish, Barbed club of Pain

And to make the Night Club somewhat nicer, I recolored the paperdoll animantion. It's now BLACK! So the +2 at night makes a lot more sense now, you won't see it comming! (It should negate dex based AC, but I dont think thats possible)

imageimage

If you can't use weidu: The attachment contains 3 Item files and 3 new Bam's. Put them in your override and you ready to go.

The WEIDU version is ready!

Update 1.1 Weidu patching for great compatibility

Please download the OvrV1.1 (If you use android and cant use weidu)

Please use Weidu on PC and MAC
Post edited by artificial_sunlight on
KamigoroshimeaglothMathsorcererDexterlunarJuliusBorisovAlexmblsCrevsDaakLuthfordelminsterMortiannageminibruniRavenslightZaghoulGrammarsalad

Comments

• -Placeholder-
    I will make it compatible with BG2:EE (I think it already works but I have no time to test right now) and IWD:EE.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Looks very nice! I will try them later. (as a side note, like your color concept in your dwarf too.)
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • @lunar‌ I updated the mod so if you try it. Please try V 1.1

Thanks for using my mod's btw (and if you want more clubs, try my Barbed club of pain).
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    BUMP
    The weidu version is ready.

It uses patching so no more copy/pasting and overwriting other mods.

It should be compatible with all other mods.
    elminsterCrevsDaak
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Thanks for creating this. I usually assign The Root of the Problem with the "Archdruid" of Cloakwood and Chanserv's Fish with Caldo's brother, Krumm. It'll be nice to not know where they are for a change!

Whoever created Chanserv's Fish must have been a Monty Python fan ^.^

KamigoroshiJuliusBorisovartificial_sunlightCrevsDaak
  • roachtbproachtbp Member Posts: 42
    Cool mod! I haven't downloaded it yet, but it got me thinking about another issue that has been bothering me lately (I've posted this a couple times now on this forum, but no one has replied yet):

I hate how clubs and morning stars look like maces on the battle screen in Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. I know this does not affect gameplay in any way, but I HATE equipping a club or morning star only to see a mace on screen. To me it breaks the immersion of the game a bit. I wish clubs and morning stars had their own animations on the battle screen.

Planescape Torment (also an Infinity Engine game) DOES have a morning star animation on the battle screen, so that morning star sprite MAY be able to be used in Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale.

But none of the Infinity Engine games have a club animation on the battle screen. Baldur's Gate 1&2 and Icewind Dale 1&2 use a mace animation to represent maces, morning starts, and clubs on the battle screen, while Planescape Torment uses a morning star animation to represent maces, morning starts, and clubs on the battle screen. No club animation in any of the Infinity Engine games. :(

Does anyone know how to (and have any interest in) making a mod for mace and club animations for the battle screen???
    Confirmed working on the update since SoD. :)
    CrevsDaak
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Great mod AS. Clubs a favorite and this makes them even better. Wish Chanserv's fish had been officially added, hehheh.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    This won't install on a fresh IWDEE 2.5 version (Steam install), no other mods installed:

WeiDU v 23600 Log

E:\Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition\setup-S3DisClubs.exe
    [./chitin.key] loaded, 527412 bytes
    [./chitin.key] 166 BIFFs, 37336 resources
    [lang\cs_cz/dialog.tlk] loaded, 4534605 bytes
    [lang\cs_cz/dialog.tlk] 40942 string entries
    WARNING: parsing log [WeiDU.log]: Sys_error("WeiDU.log: No such file or directory")

Install Component [Distinguisable Clubs]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
    Installing [Distinguisable Clubs] [V1.1]
    Copying 1 file ...
    [S3DisClubs/Graphics/S3ICL01.bam] loaded, 3367 bytes
    Copied [S3DisClubs/Graphics/S3ICL01.bam] to [override/S3ICL01.bam]
    Copying 1 file ...
    [S3DisClubs/Graphics/S3ICL02.bam] loaded, 3367 bytes
    Copied [S3DisClubs/Graphics/S3ICL02.bam] to [override/S3ICL02.bam]
    Copying 1 file ...
    [S3DisClubs/Graphics/S3ICL04.bam] loaded, 3367 bytes
    Copied [S3DisClubs/Graphics/S3ICL04.bam] to [override/S3ICL04.bam]
    Copying and patching 1 file ...

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
    Resource [BLUN36.itm] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Distinguisable Clubs], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [S3DisClubs/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "S3DisClubs/backup/0/OTHER.0")
    [S3DisClubs/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 3 files for [S3DISCLUBS/S3DISCLUBS.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 3 files for [S3DISCLUBS/S3DISCLUBS.TP2] component 0.
    Unable to Unlink [S3DisClubs/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "S3DisClubs/backup/0/READLN.0")
    Unable to Unlink [S3DisClubs/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "S3DisClubs/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")
    ERROR: Failure("resource [BLUN36.itm] not found for 'COPY'")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-S3DISCLUBS.DEBUG to artificial_sunlight, at http://forum.baldursgate.com

Install Component [Distinguisable Clubs]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
    edited May 2018
    It does install properly on BGEE 2.3. When I copy blun36.itm, blun37.itm and blun38.itm from BGEE's override folder to IWDEE's override folder, then this installs properly.

Though, does this have use? I thought it would affect the clubs from the following mod, but it seems that already uses the modified club images?
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/37290/house-rules-for-iwd-ee-iwdee-tweaks/p1
    edited June 2018
    @Thels I just installed IWDEE again. I dive into it also for the Barbed Club of Pain and BG2EE

And yes I gave @smeagolheart permission to use my club mods in his House rules mod. Maybe I should point people there :smile:
    @artificial_sunlight Sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

I eventually realized that the House Rules mod already includes these images (and the Barbed Club of Pain).

Having done a recent BGEE playthrough with this mod, it's nice to have all the clubs distinguishable, well, all but one. The Eye of the Storm which Jaheira receives as a quest reward in the NPC Project still looks like a regular club.
    @Thels as you can tell I'm not very active on the forums, but I will contact the makers of the NPC project to make that club better looking.
    @artificial_sunlight That would be cool! @AstroBryGuy is the current maintainer, but I'm not sure if he has time to work on the mod in the near future. He seems to have been busy as of late.