Skip to content

[DUPE 7169] - Planetar in Dorn quest in ToB won't die

MegamikeMegamike Member Posts: 8
edited December 2013 in Not An Issue
Hi,
I'm playing ToB right now. I have Dorn in my party and after I left Saradush and and travelled to the Forest of Mir I had a random encounter with a Planetar and several clerics. They told me they were there because of Dorn and wanted to punish him or something. In my game Dorn stayed with neither of the two demons in SoA, but chose to be free. I easily killed the clerics, but the planetar just won't die. It remains constantly at "Near Death" status. I have literally attacked it for about 30 minutes, thrown every spell I have at it and still only at "Near Death". The game says that my characters and spells do damage, but it does not help.
So I just ran away from the encounter and continued with the game. But now every time I travel somewhere I get "waylaid" at the map with the immortal planetar on it, who still attacks me.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there some special way to kill planetars or this specific planetar of which I am not aware of? I would think that my party is too weak to kill it, if the thing didn't remain at "Near Death" during most of the battle...
So is this a bug or am I doing something wrong here?
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• MegamikeMegamike Member Posts: 8
    Damn, I don't have a save from before the initial encounter anymore :/ maybe I'll just have to start ToB all over. Well, at least here you have a save from after the issue. Just travel anywhere and you should be stopped by the Planetar.
    Thanks for the tipps, but I can't get the workaround to work :/
    I played ToB again from the beginning to about the same point and I have again the same problem :(. This time when I have the random encounter Dorn first talkes to me as if we were in a romance, which we are not - my character's romancing Viconia - and then the crusaders and the planetar appear and the planetar does not start a conversation with me when the crusaders are dead.
    Now not only can't I continue with Dorn's quest, I'm also worried him starting to talk as if we were in a romance might screw up my romance with Viconia.
    I'll attach a save file. If you travel anywhere the encounter and the things I mentioned above happen.
    No, I don't have any mods installed. Just the regular edition^^
    Thanks for the tip. I've started playing ToB from the beginning again, so if I get the same problem again, I will try your solution.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited December 2013
    @Megamike / @Gate70: This is a duplicate thread to the original 7169 as posted through the Consolidated Bug Reports thread.

I'm moving this one to "Not an Issue" as a dupe of 7169. Feel free to continue using it/posting to it, but there is a main thread for this bug.

That said, a fix to that bug will fix your problem. I did tag this thread into the main one since there's more information here.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Where did @Gate70‌'s posts go?!?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @CrevsDaak‌ my account was temporarily ceased and my earlier posts have all been cleared out. Hopefully most have done their job but there might be some where information on the forums didn't make it into the bug tracker.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited April 2014
    @Gate70‌ oh, that's really bad, many useful information is lost now (like tears in the rain) and most things were really helpful.
  • MusstardMusstard Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone clue me in on the missing information? I am having this same problem and it's driving me crazy
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Can you zip and attach your save (entire 00000nnnn folder) please @Musstard‌
  • KarjalaKarjala Member Posts: 7
    Help, I am stuck on an Ipad version of the game and the planetar is invincible. There is no way I can restart throne of bhaal because I would have to redo Watcher's keep from scratch (I am playing on Very Hard). Here is the ipad save file (it's right in the clearing a second before the planetar appears).