Skip to content

Viconia romance doesn't seem to start (I am not an elf)

Hi all,

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I've googled for the better part of an hour trying to figure this one out.

I currently have Aerie, Jaheria and Viconia in my party, and am in the starting parts of the romance with Aerie and Jaheria. I actually want to romance Viconia, but so far only the Jaheria and Aerie romances have fired. CHARNAME is a half-elf, so there's no racial barrier for Viconia here.

I've looked at the variables using EE Keeper, but what's weird is that whenever I advance real time with the console, only Jaheria and Aerie's romance timers change. Viconia's remains the same. I have ViconiaMatch set to 1, and the RomanceActive variable is also 1. Equally, the other two romances are 1, not 2, so it shouldn't lock out Viconia (and the fact that both romances are operating seems to imply that it still considers CHARNAME to be single).

Is there some specific requirement for Viconia that is needed to prompt her to begin the first romance dialogue? I have had her in the party for a few weeks, and so far nothing. Advancing time doesn't do anything for her, but does accelerate the other romances.

Please advise!

Xiathorn

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Advice ... advice. Everyone is always looking for advice.

Very well.

You should have let the bitch burn.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited October 2014
    Check this in-game:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("ViconiaMatch","GLOBAL") - to find out what value it has.
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ViconiaMatch","GLOBAL",XX) – to manually set the value.

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS") while holding the mouse pointer over a character’s (Viconia's in this case) portrait. Press return and the console will show you their romance rating.
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal(“LoveTalk”,”LOCALS”,XX) which sets your love talk to a given rating, where XX is a number.

You need (in terms of LoveTalk) XX=1
  • XiathornXiathorn Member Posts: 5
    Thank you for your replies!

You should have let the bitch burn.

Considering Harper's Call is bugged, she was the quickest way to get my hands on some resurrection spells. Also I like the story arc that she gets in ToB. Although I did kill her in BG1, so maybe I should have let her burn.

For the variables:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("ViconiaMatch","GLOBAL") == 1

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS") does not exist

Should I therefore manually add the variable? I read in another thread that this was normal behaviour until the game fired the first dialogue, at which point the variable would be added by the game, and tracked thereafter. Is this not correct, and the game cannot start the romance because the LoveTalk variable for Viconia does not exist?
  • SionaSiona Member Posts: 79
    Harpers call is bugged? I use it all the time.