Skip to content

charnames mother (spoilers)

so the note gorion leaves you states that charnames mother was a friend/lover of gorion's, but in TOB, iirc the appearance of charname's mother suggests that they just met randomly and gorion saved charname.

am i missing something here?

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Not you, the devs.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

Or Gorion lied.

Or it was a flub on the part of the writers.

Or someone was RETCONing somewhere along the line.

Take your pick.
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Maybe Gorion saw more in the relationship than the mom.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Or maybe Gordon used to love her, then was forced to kill her to save her son/daughter from being Bhaalfood.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Nimran said:

Or maybe Gordon used to love her, then was forced to kill her to save her son/daughter from being Bhaalfood.

I prefer to think that way , too. A romance that ended tragically.
    edited September 2014
    Nimran said:

Heh, I said Gordon. Stupid auto-correct.

Speaking of Gordon, I once saw a picture of a hair care product with Gary Oldman's face on it. The name on the label? Conditioner Gordon.
    Post edited by Nimran on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    People these days... Often forget what indeed has been happening between them...
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Yeah, it's a contradiction that Bioware either just didn't with if didn't have time to think of/work through. In my own mind I choose to believe they were both true, however, with CHARMUM having been a friend-lover-companion of Gorion's before she got picked out by Bhaal.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    The truth is
    Gorion is CHARNAME's mother! It just so happens that s/he is also a Doppelganger with a weakness for children.
    Nimran said:

Maybe Gorion used to be married to her and this is just his way of getting a Divorce that didn't cost 'the keep'?

Nimran said:

Maybe Gorion used to be married to her and this is just his way of getting a Divorce that didn't cost 'the keep'?
    Well, those keeps are rather expensive, ya know? Lots of trolls and liches, or tax collectors and door-to-door merchants.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Next on Maury: Is this wizard the Bhaalspawn's father? The ghost of his dead mother says yes! We'll have the DNA results later in the show. But first, minature giant space hamsters and the warriors who love them...
    kcwise said:

Next on Maury: Is this wizard the Bhaalspawn's father? The ghost of his dead mother says yes! We'll have the DNA results later in the show. But first, minature giant space hamsters and the warriors who Believe in them...

Fixed that for ya.

.......gasps at the blaspheme.......
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    scriver said:

CHARMUM

guys, how did this little nugget of gold fly under the radar

simples said:

scriver said:

CHARMUM

guys, how did this little nugget of gold fly under the radar

He hid it in his nose the whole time, the sneaker.
    @simples - It is the nature of genius to never be appreciated in it's time~

* scriver strikes a very dramatic dandy pose while lying on his fouton, misunderstandingly languishing
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    Gorion was really a pnp character, being roleplayed by Harry in one of the werewolf kids DnD games, as part of a much more complicated plot set in motion by Mab, as recorded by the all-seeing James.

...So of course he had to kill his lover to save the evil god's child.
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    I always figured Gorion lied because knowing that your mother was going to sacrifice you was too much baggage when paired with the fact that your dad was the Lord of Murder. Too much terribleness to spring on you at once with a letter.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Well, Gorion would have written in the letter in the Tarentino BG rewrite. :p

*charname reads letter*

"WHAT THE ****?!?"
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    scriver said:

Yeah, it's a contradiction that Bioware either just didn't with if didn't have time to think of/work through. In my own mind I choose to believe they were both true, however, with CHARMUM having been a friend-lover-companion of Gorion's before she got picked out by Bhaal.

Hm, but she was a high-ranking priestess of Bhaal, wasn't she? Kind of a conflict of interest, religious murderous and secret society of good guys.
    edited October 2014

scriver said:

Hm, but she was a high-ranking priestess of Bhaal, wasn't she? Kind of a conflict of interest, religious murderous and secret society of good guys.
    Secret society? Of course, Gorion was a spy the whole time!
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Harpers are NOT Good dangit, Good means you actually, you know, DO stuff. I've seen some propaganda that tried to claim Harpers were Good guys, but a clearly trustworthy genius told me Harpers arent good guys.

He then said something about becoming Death, destroyer of rabbit footed dragons, but I wasnt paying attention.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    So what the truth ???? who lied ???? who mixed up the fact ??? hmmm who write it ???
    someone tell us please ??? I say @Dee will tell us, right @Dee you got to know something in their secret hideout of stories hmmm info you got there somewhere.

scriver said:

Indeed, it's almost the kind of conflict good stories are made from :P
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    scriver said:

Indeed, it's almost the kind of conflict good stories are made from :P

It could be, perhaps, if we were given any suggestions as to how their meeting and relationship were facilitated. If not well-crafted so as to be unbelievable, then it would certainly not be a good story.
    Well duh. "It's not a good story unless well written". Thank you, captain obvious.