Skip to content

So, I just killed Kivan to save Viconia

13»

Comments

• LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903

Lateralus said:

Sooo, he was asleep...you Imoen murdered him in his sleep?

Imoen triggered her wand at the exact same instance in which Tiax "commanded" Kivan to sleep. The sleep spell acts instantaneously, whereas the wand takes a second or two to fire off. Also, Imoen had fired her wand with the expectation that the command spell wouldn't work, since elves are supposed to have high resistances to sleep magic.
    So she was going to kill him no matter what? That's not a satisfactory justification to het actions. Very much out of character for her I think. Both the elves were at fault, but neither one of them deserved bodily harm. Racism is ugly, Kivan needed to be restrained and then booted from the party. Not murdered!
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Lateralus said:

So she was going to kill him no matter what? That's not a satisfactory justification to het actions. Very much out of character for her I think. Both the elves were at fault, but neither one of them deserved bodily harm. Racism is ugly, Kivan needed to be restrained and then booted from the party. Not murdered!

As has been pointed out, that simply isn't possible.
    jackjack
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Lateralus said:

Racism is ugly, Kivan needed to be restrained and then booted from the party.

He was already booted from the party - NPCs self-boot themselves when they enter scripted fights with other NPCs. In order for the NPCs to engage in fights, they have to leave the party, or else they'd still be under the player's control.

jackjack
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477

Lateralus said:

He was already booted from the party - NPCs self-boot themselves when they enter scripted fights with other NPCs. In order for the NPCs to engage in fights, they have to leave the party, or else they'd still be under the player's control.

One time Ajantis attempted to attack Dorn, but I managed to stop him by clicking on him, canceling his attacking action on Dorn and making him move somewhere else.
    BlackravenJuliusBorisov
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Lateralus said:

One time Ajantis attempted to attack Dorn, but I managed to stop him by clicking on him, canceling his attacking action on Dorn and making him move somewhere else.
    That's because it's a new interaction added by EE, and doesn't operate in the same manner as one of the vanilla BG1 interactions.

If it had been a vanilla BG1 interaction (like Kivan vs. Viconia is), both NPCs would've been removed from the party when the fight broke out, and then you would have to wait until the fight was over in order to re-invite the winner back into your party.

You can see from the screenshots that I posted that neither Kivan's nor Viconia's portraits are on the right side panel of the picture while the fight is actually taking place.
    NimranBlackravenJuliusBorisovjackjack
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    edited October 2014

Well, according to the BG1NPC Project, where I think this encounter is from, Kivan worships Shevarash, and Shevarash is the Seldarine of Revenge, Loss, and Hatred of Drow. Ironically, one of Shevarash's allies is Shar, and we all know that Viconia is a Priestess of Shar.

So, it would kind of look bad for Kivan to attack Viconia.

The Kivan - Viconia encounter > fight is NOT FROM ANY MOD!

It is rare if you learn to position / separate the characters carefully (always have another, milder character between them in the party set-up/ portrait column; never keep them within ~5 feet of each other on the map itself for any length of time), but the occasional banter between them will always happen, and the fight CAN happen, even in vanilla BG, if you don't keep them separated.

I have had it happen in both vanilla BG and in BG:EE, and I have never touched a BG mod in my life. (I have a temperance button for that ;-) )