Skip to content

Legend of Grimrock II

WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
For those of you that loved Legend of Grimrock, Almost Human is releasing the sequel, Legend of Grimrock II, next week on October 15th. The original was praised for it's throwback to first-person dungeon crawlers such as Dungeon Master, Eye of the Beholder and Ultima Underworld and it was rated fairly high amongst most review sites. Also for those of you that have never played, listen to the theme song... dat song...

You can visit their site here for trailers and general faqs that I can't answer.

Anyways, I personally enjoyed it, but it was too hard for me. It might be because of my age (I'm a youngin' here at 24) that I wasn't around for the games listed above, and I couldn't handle the many actions I have to do at one time. Which is weird cause I'm fairly decent at RTS's. Regardless I still thought it was fun and I figured that most people here are older than me and grew up with the 'glory days' of first-person dungeon crawls, so I thought that I'd share it.

Have fun!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Legend of Grimrock was a wonderful game. I'm so excited to get a continuation!

The more old-feeling RPGs the better.

Thanks for sharing the news.
  • DauntDaunt Member Posts: 52
    Yep I've seen the trailer for this, kind of hoping that it has a lot of class/race options

If it does, I'll definitely give it a shot. That's a huge amount of the fun, being able to go beyond just 3 classes and maybe 4 races. I want options galore.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Daunt said:

Yep I've seen the trailer for this, kind of hoping that it has a lot of class/race options

If it does, I'll definitely give it a shot. That's a huge amount of the fun, being able to go beyond just 3 classes and maybe 4 races. I want options galore.

Well you are in luck because LoG (awesome acronym btw) has 5 races. and 9 classes. More details in this blog post: http://www.grimrock.net/2014/10/13/character-classes-and-races-revealed/

Also with this game being released tomorrow reviews have started trickling in and have so far been extremely positive. Eg. RPGfan gave it 95/100: http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/The_Legend_of_Grimrock_II/index.html
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I recently picked up number one. Once I make some headway on my backlog and get through IWD I imagine I will play through #1 and check out #2.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Pretty awesome stuff so far.