Skip to content

Anomen's quest

I have both Anomen and Keldorn in my party. I read in the net if i kill Saerk then Anomen will turn Chaotic Neutral and attack Keldorn if he is in my party.
Now i am playing Neutral-good aligned party- but i think the RIGHT choice is avenging your sister death.
If Anomen becomes Sir Anomen- he becomes night with 16 wisdom. But who gives about a knight who cant even protect his blood? I support just revenge as i dont think that by killing Saerk , Anomen becomes his dad.
Anomen is fixing his Dad mistakes.. Now what is the difference if Anomen has 12 or 16?
Can i kill Saerk and keep both Keldorn and Anomen in my party? In TOB - Anomen stats stay the same or he will have 12\16 wisdom?
Anyway many question. Would be glad if someone knew the answers for them even partially

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited October 2014
    I share a similar conservative attitude to justice, however in this case, if I remember correctly, the way the information is presented to you, you/Anomen cannot know for sure that Saerk is guilty. Killing somebody without absolute certainty of guilt cannot be considered justice. Furthermore ... Spoilers as to why killing Saerk would be wrong...

This tragedy is set up to be impossible to solve. If you kill Saerk, you will have to kill multiple people in his household, only to discover that Saerk was not actually involved in Anomen's sister's death. If you don't kill him, I think you discover that Saerk was involved. Either way, you can't "win".

As for the mechanics, 16 Wisdom means significantly more spells. Also, without mods, Chaotic Neutral Anomen will not be compatible with Keldorn (or Aerie for that matter).

Oh and Anomen's stats in ToB depends on your choice in SoA. Your NPC stats and experience does carry over from SoA to ToB.
    JuliusBorisovRavenslightLeon
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,717
    edited October 2014
    Leon said:

Can i kill Saerk and keep both Keldorn and Anomen in my party? In TOB - Anomen stats stay the same or he will have 12\16 wisdom?

Unfortunately, nope. Keldon will always one day fight with Anomen if Saerk is killed. You can install a "Happy Patch" from BG2 Tweak Pack Convenience Tweaks and/or Cheats - this component will simply prevent the fight from starting.

www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/cheats.php

If you have Anomen in a party at the end of SoA, in ToB you'll summon him exactly as he is: if he has 12 WIS, he will keep it.
    Ravenslight
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Indeed. The only proof of Saerk's "involvement" is a responsibility-fleeing drunk and a hatefilled old miser saying that's the way it is because that's the way it is. We're not exactly talking 100% certain bulletproof evidence of his guilt here. You're going on a killing spree based on nothing but hearsay and assumptions.
  • LeonLeon Member Posts: 83
    damn you game! always trying to screw with my choices. I guess it wont be blood for blood because i like them both in my party. Ah well.. thanks for the answer everybody
    JuliusBorisovRavenslight
  • TehCerealKillerTehCerealKiller Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2014
    Also if you kill Saerk, Anomen will be denied membership from the Most Noble Oder of the Radiant Heart. He will then blame you since you convinced to him to kill the man without solid proof and then he will attack you because he was obsessed with becoming a knight and you robbed him of his knighthood causing him to basically go berserk. This occurs whether or not you have Keldorn.
    Leon
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Hey folks, I read somewhere that Anomen "essentially goes insane" if he fails his knighthood trial (i.e. if you choose to kill Saerk). What does this mean in practice? I know he becomes chaotic neutral, loses wisdom points and won't get along with Keldorn anymore, but that, especially the last part, doesn't signify insanity to me.

So, is this insanity claim based on anything more substantial? It would be great to hear this. I've played the game many times, and one of the things I've never done is go down the revenge road, because there just isn't enough evidence to justify it (in my view).
  • "Insane" is kind of an exaggeration. His temper does become quite a bit more volatile. As TehCerealKiller points out, he may attack you after failing his test if you say the wrong thing (though there are options which keep him in your party peacefully). In addition to attacking Keldorn, I believe he may also attack Aerie if he fails his test. Also, from what I understand if you are in a romance with him it can continue, albeit with a different tone.
    JuliusBorisov
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @Kaigen: Ok, thanks for that. "Insane" clearly appears to be an exaggeration.

Anomen seems to be one of the more interesting NPCs in the game - all sorts of things can happen with him, depending on who you have in your party and what you decide to do. Minsc, for example, is sadly one-dimensional in comparison (only the "Aerie as the new witch" route as a reasonable option).

Speaking of Minsc, I've only ever had him in my party once, and although it was fun for a while, eventually he just grew very... thing. The best Minsc moment by far is in the beginning of Haer'Dalis' quest, when he greatly enjoys that blasted play.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    Concerning the effects of the loss of wisdom, I'd say it doesnt really matter at those levels.

The difference in spells available are 2 1st. level spells and 2 2nd level spells.

Considering he ends up gaining 9 spells pr. level that doesn't really matter much.
    JuliusBorisov
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Blood feuds are not very chivalrous.
    Viconia9lunar