Skip to content

[Mod] Party Member Portraits Turned into Paladin

oganalpoganalp Member Posts: 9
edited October 2014 in Troubleshooting
Hello, I searched the forum for over an hour to find another topic related to this and only found one other report which was in Polish I believe, without any answer. Sorry if I missed the fix.

My problem is, when in Kalah's tent, 3 of the party members' portraits (Minsc, Jaheira, Yoshimo) turned into that young paladin portrait in default ones and loading / quiting etc. didn't fix the issue. Do you know any workarounds for this?
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi @oganalp‌
    It is possible your save has just been corrupted. Are you able to zip & attach it here, together with the most recent save where portraits are OK - I'd like to check to see if anything else has been affected.
    Thanks
    lolien
  • oganalpoganalp Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2014
    Hello again @Gate70,

When I re-ran the game, I saw that EVERY save game had the same problem now, even the first save at Day 1, Hour 1. I am attaching the SS and my quick save zip file.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I think I had something similar happen. Whenever I selecect a character of mine that has a custom portrait from the pre-generated character rack, when I go back, they all have this portrait.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I once got it in the Black Pits, but since all of my characters had the very same portrait I thought it was intentional...
    JuliusBorisov
    edited October 2014
    OK, an update. I realized all the portraits except for Aeire and my own character are now showing that paladin portrait, even the NPCs like Quayle, etc.

EDIT: A second update: I had Anomen join me and his portrait is normal, so is Korgan's. Rest is paladin, NPCs as well.
    Post edited by oganalp on
    Try this @oganalp‌

I had to reset both portraits for all 3 characters plus your protagonist. You can probably change your protagonist back once you've checked the other party members.
    oganalp
    edited October 2014
    Thanks. Can you tell me why it happened and how can I fix it if it re-occurs?

EDIT: @Gate70‌ It didn't work, sadly =(.
    Just retried and it works for me - are you sure your quicksave was overwritten by the download?

As to why it happened, I'm not sure. There was a bug where this happened if you chose a characters original portrait but for it to happen to 3 characters is strange unless you tried numerous portraits.
    Hello again. Yes, I did overwrite the save. Perhaps something weird happened, I will re-try again. What it did was, it fixed the portraits of the load game screen but not the game itself.
    @Gate70‌ Hello, here is an update. I managed to make your quicksave work, it was a copying error on my end. However, the fix only fixed the party. The other NPCs and the future additions to the party (like Nalia) has the same problem, having a Paladin avatar. Anomen, Korgan etc. don't have this issue.

I am wondering, can this be because of mods installed? I didn't install any mods to the game but I have another installation of BG2 from GOG with looots of mods. I realized, the steam version also has some of these mods installed under its directory.
    Right. Does the issue persist if you start a new game (trying to work out if the save is corrupted or something else).

I had to reset portraits in Near Infinity, doing this for every NPC is the only option I can think of, but not sure if out-of-party members would retain that update or need to be done when recruited.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited October 2014
    Hello, I found the reason why @Gate70‌

I had a clean re-install of the game and found out that when a mod is installed for the other Baldur's Gate II installation on my computer, it also installed the files to the EE version as well. Since those mods weren't meant for the EE, it corrupts the game eventually. No matter what I do, the corruption occurs. After removing the mods and re-installing the game, it ran fine so far. I have played for 6 hours straight, no issues.

Thank you for the aid.