Skip to content

BG2:EE 1.3 patch and IWD:EE. What will be released earlier and when?

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
So, we know what the Devs have told us. This poll offers YOU a chance to express your own version of how it will be done and when.

What do you think?

Cheers!
  1. BG2:EE 1.3 patch and IWD:EE. What will be released earlier and when?49 votes
    1. BG2:EE 1.3 patch first in 2014
      16.33%
    2. BG2:EE 1.3 patch first in 2015
      14.29%
    3. IWD:EE first in 2014
      40.82%
    4. IWD:EE first in 2015
        8.16%
    5. BG2:EE 1.3 patch and IWD:EE simultaneously in 2014
      20.41%
    6. BG2:EE 1.3 patch and IWD:EE simultaneously in 2015
        0.00%

Comments

• LordInsaneLordInsane Member Posts: 38
    Hm, gut feeling not based on any kind of real reasoning tells me 1.3 patch first... but whether it'll come in 2014 or 2015 is more uncertain (it feels like it's on track for 2014, but wouldn't require much delay to be pushed into 2015, given holiday seasons and the like).
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I doesn't matter to me, since both will be released earlier than voicevers for non-english language versions of BG:EE.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'm going to with the non-existent other/see results choice, since I can't say :)
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Bg2ee iwdee and adv y simultaneously
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Voted
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    We need a 'Planescape: Torment - Enhanced Edition' in November 2014 option!!!!!
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Icewind Dale MMMXMVIII:Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate LXLVIV: Enhanced Edition simultaneously in 5102 Anno Domini Nostri Schlumpsha. And still waiting for Planescape: Tourment: Enhanced Edition even after after all this time.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Pibaro said:

We need a 'Planescape: Torment - Enhanced Edition' in November 2014 option!!!!!

It wouldn't surprise me one bit.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @elminster‌ and @Pibaro‌

Before I created this poll I seriously had thought about adding an "I'm not sure/I can't say" option but in the end decided to make a poll with only certain options.

The reason was that all of us in fact either don't know the answer for certain (because we are not the Devs) or some of us can't break the NDA and/or don't want to give the information that is not known to the majority. So in the end I just wanted this poll to reflect assumptions, not certain, known prognosis.

Every option in this poll can be interpreted as "l don't know because it's completely up to the Devs/I don't want to tell what is under the NDA, - but basing on my own interpretation of the facts I know I think the answer will be..."

As an end result, this poll will show people's expectations so that when we finally know the answer it would be interesting to know if the majority have guessed it right or not.
    Which choice is winning? :)
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    Since IWD will generate some revenue (hopefully), whereas a patch doesn't (at least directly), I think thats the priority. And I learned to be pessimistic.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited October 2014
    SethDavis said:

no 2016 options? :(

Woo that really evil one ...

And I can't vote cos I don't know :P
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Color me optimistic.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    mmmmmwahahahahahaha

I voted after already knowing the answer

genius
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105

mmmmmwahahahahahaha

I voted after already knowing the answer

genius

But do we know the answer?

I still hope to be proven wrong and it gets done 2014, but I don't see it.
    It might be IWD 2014, patch 2015/16 though.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    molloy said:

But do we know the answer?

and from the other thread
    Aedan said:

Where did you read that?

@molloy‌ and @Aedan‌ , and everyone else interested: for all the news regarding IWDEE check http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34130/icewind-dale-enhanced-edition-announced#latest - there you will find the wondrous news brought to us by the Escapist Magazine

For all the news regarding BG2:EE patch check http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34086/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-update-v1-3-2053#latest - there you will find tweets about the release order
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @bengoshi‌ Thank you :)
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    Well, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition comes out on October 30th, so that's coming first. Then BG2:EE 1.3.

When is Adventure Y coming?
    When is IWD2:EE coming?
    When is PST:EE coming?

Basically, what I'm saying is...MOAR!
    edited October 2014
    I decided to take a chance and vote for IWDEE coming out first :p